The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trim suggestions

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    PuristMike

Trim suggestions

So as the thread title says I'm wondering on any suggestions on possible trim colors. Here's a couple pics of her.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And yall know what stock badging looks like on an 8g, this was my idea for the grille (sorry im no artist the gold is supposed to be bronze)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by PuristMike; 05-02-2014 at 09:58 PM

Most of us remove them emblems on the trunk except for the diamond (has 2 holes behind it).
    The chrome on the top of the doors actually comes right off, I got rid of mine.
    The chrome that is at the bottom of the window you'll just have to paint. It's a pain to get off (don't take it off). I think each door it's held on by one screw, maybe the fronts have 2 screws. Then pull up (it's on there tight) but it will bend and never be straight ever again. I've tried at the junkyard and to one of my doors before I went to the junkyard and hence I dented my trim on that door.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I'm not sure a bronze grille surround would look good. I think if you're not happy with the chrome, then black it out, but that's just one man's opinion...

I agree, I would black it out.^ if I had the 8ga front...lol

Sent from my Galant :D

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Most of us remove them emblems on the trunk except for the diamond (has 2 holes behind it).
    The chrome on the top of the doors actually comes right off, I got rid of mine.
    The chrome that is at the bottom of the window you'll just have to paint. It's a pain to get off (don't take it off). I think each door it's held on by one screw, maybe the fronts have 2 screws. Then pull up (it's on there tight) but it will bend and never be straight ever again. I've tried at the junkyard and to one of my doors before I went to the junkyard and hence I dented my trim on that door.
    How do you go about removing it? I would love that. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1skglnt View Post
    How do you go about removing it? I would love that. Lol
    Remove what? The chrome on the top of the door is easy, just pull up. The emblems on the trunk just leave the car out in the Florida sun, maybe open the trunk and point the emblems up at the sun for an hour then use dental floss between the car and the emblems and just "saw" back and forth. Then buff off any remaining glue.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Remove what? The chrome on the top of the door is easy, just pull up. The emblems on the trunk just leave the car out in the Florida sun, maybe open the trunk and point the emblems up at the sun for an hour then use dental floss between the car and the emblems and just "saw" back and forth. Then buff off any remaining glue.
    Oh, should have been more specific, lol. I was taking about the chrome on top of the door haha. And yeah, I already debadged the trunk. It gives it a nice clean look imo.

PuristMike
    Thanks guys really appreciate the thoughts! I was taking to my designer bud and we're gonna do some CAD sketches with different takes on the blackout. We did a similar thing with one of my friends Civic except we did pink on white with black emblems (shes a chick). Ill post the sketches after we finish probably tomorrow.