The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: suggestions on performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

suggestions on performance

Hey guys, sorry if im been posting alot of nonsense threads but ive had my galant for a while now and I never knew about this site until now. My galant has 125k on it now and its been very well maintained so ill have it for a while! I guess my question is that im looking at what I could put on my car to make it accelerate better but also make it faster overall. I put s cherry bomb muffler on it so that prolly boosted me about 5-10hp give or take. I plan on putting an injen short ram intake on it so ill get a little more hp. I cleaned out the inside of the throttle body to get a little better throttle response (did work, it was very dirty) but im looking at getting parts that would make a big difference in speed. My dad and I have been talking about a turbo kit alot lately but I dont have 2k + right now. Anything someone can help me figure out to get would be appreciated. Thanks alot! Also interested in anyone telling me how their galant with an auto 2.4l runs and what performance parts you have!

PuristMike
    I hate to sound like a dick or anything but the cherry bomb maybe added 1-2hp tops just the physics behind gas flow and the fact its not a whole new exhaust. In terms of performance, a lot of guys I know do the outlander manifold and TB swap to increase VE. You can also polish/port your manifold to reduce air friction and swirling. You can also do the entire exhaust w/ new headers and high flow cats which will really help. But for major performance you'll have to either increase displacement or increase VE (aka forced induction)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Cherry bomb gave you as much hp as a TB spacer would.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Sell it and buy something that doesn't suck.

The 2.4 NEEDS a manual AND and turbo to be worth jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    Sell it and buy something that doesn't suck.

The 2.4 NEEDS a manual AND and turbo to be worth jack shit.
    Idc about the worth I care about getting some better response and speed. Im not looking for a race car btw

This website is about talking about galants and helping people out. Not dissing someones car because they dont have the money to dump a tranny and turbo in it.

if you just look around the forum youll see that most guys are moding the 2.4 im not sure why but if i had to guess id say its becoz its allot cheaper and easier to get around. a v6 is just double the trouble to mod.

If you want better faster car for cheap id go with the v6 thotel body or outlander manifold but if you want to see a real diffrence id start thinking about a manual swap dont think youll feel much difference until then

just my 2 cents
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Quote Originally Posted by seth01galant View Post
    This website is about talking about galants and helping people out. Not dissing someones car because they dont have the money to dump a tranny and turbo in it.
    Its how Silvertune weeds out the people who want answers quick instead of doing the leg work. Turbo is your best option. Unless you do want to do an engine swap

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

PuristMike
    I see where you're coming from man, I'm a college student I have no money really lol but if you want to increase response and a wee bit of speed you should just think about increasing the airflow of the engine. Most tricks aren't really cost heavy because parts can be found off others at a junkyard and then installed manually. I'd highly suggest a new manifold and TB, and I heard a lot of people say a cone filter adapter feels better.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

You put on every bolt on possible, dyno tune it and still get lucky to run 17s. The 4g64 with an auto is a waste of money. It will NEVER be anything on any level. Maintain it and drive it or look like a ricer idiot by fooling yourself with mods.

I don't get it. If you don't have money to add real mods then shut the fuck up, sit done and deal with the fact that you're too poor to make something cool. You don't get a hug, no pat on the back, it's nothing personal but if you don't got it don't waste the time and stop being a little bitch. Where everyone got this idea, that they're entitled to getting sucked off by others for mediocre, useless mods on worn out shit boxes that have little useful life left anyway, is beyond me.
    Last edited by Silvertune; 05-03-2014 at 02:41 PM

lol

Silvertune if you dont have anything to help me out with then you shut the fuck up. This is a galant website...where people post threads...to get help...with their galant...why do you think you joined this site. It says noob by my name for a reason. I dont know as much about cars to begin with. Thats why im here. I didnt get this galant I have to mod it. I got it to drive it. I decided I wanna do some shit to it. And im just getting opinions and suggestions.so why dont you use the site what its meant for and not dis me or my car and actually help someone that just admitted their a noob. So if anyone would like to help me it would greatly appreciated.

smh that right there is going to get you banned. Whether you know it or not all us older people are pretty tight with eachother, so don't tell people to stfu. Secondly, since this is a galant website where people do post threads, search because chances are your question has already been answered 8 to 10 years ago. The knowledge area is good, lots of stuff to learn. You ask for opinions and suggestions, and that is what you got. We are technically dissing you, but most of the time "talkers never do and doers never talk" Search, read up, and then decide what you want to do.
    I'm done.

Hey he was rude to me first if you didnt notice. He told me to stfu. And okay sorry for asking uneeded questions. But just wondering, how can I get some friends on here like u guys do. Everyone hasnt been really chill with meso far

Its hard to be chill with members who refuse to do research and only want to be spoonfed information.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

im a firm believer in the theory of doing it right the first time. take it from the people that have been around this platform for many, many years OP. the people that are kind of "dissing" you know the in's and out's of these cars and know what it takes to go fast/faster. we are innovators and have tried many forms of mods and failed so that people like you can not make our mistake. sure, you can put a cherry bomb on your car. sure you can put a TB on your car. but my suggestion is to take the advice from the people who have already been down the same road youre on. me personally, i love my car. but i have not truly loved my car until i saw its potential after i put a 5 speed transmission and turbocharged evo engine in it. i tried the short ram intake, the throttle body, the outlander intake, the headers, the full exhaust but saw little to no gains with every mod i did. yea it sounded good, but in my opinion it wasnt any more fun to drive until i threw another pedal under my left foot. this is our two cents, if you dont like it, then i believe you have found the wrong galant forum my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    im a firm believer in the theory of doing it right the first time. take it from the people that have been around this platform for many, many years OP. the people that are kind of "dissing" you know the in's and out's of these cars and know what it takes to go fast/faster. we are innovators and have tried many forms of mods and failed so that people like you can not make our mistake. sure, you can put a cherry bomb on your car. sure you can put a TB on your car. but my suggestion is to take the advice from the people who have already been down the same road youre on. me personally, i love my car. but i have not truly loved my car until i saw its potential after i put a 5 speed transmission and turbocharged evo engine in it. i tried the short ram intake, the throttle body, the outlander intake, the headers, the full exhaust but saw little to no gains with every mod i did. yea it sounded good, but in my opinion it wasnt any more fun to drive until i threw another pedal under my left foot. this is our two cents, if you dont like it, then i believe you have found the wrong galant forum my friend.
    Well thanks for telling me all that. Im not trying to piss anyone off here by the way. Its not that im trying to be spooned info. Its that when you started saying my car sucked kinda downed me cuz I like my car. All I wanted was peoples opinions and you didnt have to be that way about it. I look forward to making friends on here that have galants. Ill research more stuff myself like you guys did. But I do have one more question. If I were to put on a short ram intake. Better TB and TB spacer, and other small shit like that, would I notice a difference in snappyness or would it not even be worth it?

when you say "snappy" do you mean better throttle response? if so, then your answer is no. that slushbox you call a transmission in between your engine and wheels will not allow any bit of fun driving. from my experience, people love the v6 TB/short ram. any kind of spacer is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    when you say "snappy" do you mean better throttle response? if so, then your answer is no. that slushbox you call a transmission in between your engine and wheels will not allow any bit of fun driving. from my experience, people love the v6 TB/short ram. any kind of spacer is pointless.
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. I got decent throttle response since I cleaned out my throttle body. Other people on here were basically saying to get a v6 cuz my 2.4l isnt much of anything which is true.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

No, they are saying to turbocharge the 2.4, the V6 isn't that powerful without help anyways. It sucks pretty much as bad with an auto as the 2.4 does. The V6 just responds a little better to mild bolt on's.

What we are saying is to not waste money on useless mods until you have the money to actually do something that will make a difference.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast