The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: suggestions on performance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    you car is your thing. don't be afraid of criticism. for instance my short ram intake barcket broke so i improvised and used a piece of angle iron to fix it and posted a picture of it. i got everything from laughs to WTF that looks like shit lol. i took in stride. i been a member since 2006 and have less than 100 posts at this writing. i personally read the forum everyday and search over and over and still find stuff and refind things i forgot about and get ideas of things to try.. i've ahd both the 4 and now have a 6. i haven't done much to the engine or trans yet. just a short ram and a megan rs muffler. seems peppy to me but not much over the stock and my basis of comparison is slim. i'm sure if i rode with others from the board then got back in my car i'd cry lol but i have a plan. sit down and write down every thing you want to do then start searching. post up a few things you have done and you'll get recommendations or criticism or both but it shows your making an effort and not just overly asking questions and have no intention of using it which makes the one giving the advice jaded and less likely to be so willing next time around. as for friends its like anything else give respect to get it. if your ever down around Beckley WV give me a shout and we'll hang. i'm always looking to get together with fellow Galant people, just none close to me at the moment.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Best non turbo mod for putting power to the ground is the 5spd swap. Although your engines actual power input hasn't changed, the power that gets to the ground is changed. I would expect to see a 10hp increase just by changing the trans. This is one of the few mods actually worth your $.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I too will say that 5spd is day and night.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

You say your cars has 125k miles, when was the last timing belt was replaced? Mitsu says every 60k. I say do that first if you haven't or you don't know when the last one was. The timing belt on our cars is the achilles heel; and the wave spring in the auto trans.

Honestly if you want to get any enjoyment of the engine's horsepower then do the 5 speed swap. Also upgrade the motor mount inserts to polyurethane during the swap, it will be the last time you will have to replace them. Plus the polyurethane inserts help you add a few horsies to the wheels.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I have to agree with these guys the 5 speed swap is the way to go it's a night and day difference I've been in ur shoes and tried it all just like these guys have and the small bolt on stuff u will never see a result with. I have a cold air intake on mine and exhaust no difference. My 5 speed swap was the money shot and I'm working on my turbo. I've learned something over the years of modding my car u can only go as fast as ur money will let u. Do like I did find a blowed up eclipse buy the whole car and just swap everything over just make sure the trans is good I bought the car for a grand put a new clutch and slave on it and sold the car as a roller for 700 so I got what 400 in it total. That's ur best way to start. I'm in nc by the way if anyone's around here let me know I'm like the guy from wv no one around here but me modding these things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12