Guys, I wanted to share what happened to my vr6 on Good Friday this year.

As i cruise to towards our Holy Week activity, the engine sound suddenly ticked louder and louder. I stoped, left the car on a safe road side parking, and proceeded to our activity. As the day ends. I asked my Team Mates to help my tow my Vr6 to our workshop( I own a automotive repair shop) to inspect what had happend.

As we removed the engine and determined the problem on the bench, we discovered that the #4 connecting rod had slipped and overlapped in the conrod cap. As we worked on it and tried to do the corrective measurements, polishing of the journals, etc etc.... then we meticulously installed the timing belt as my cylinder heads are quad cam, i observed that small as millimetere increment in the crank sensor, cam sensor, and everything else in between, i greatly affects the fuel economy and performance. as we installed it in its place and let the engine run for a bit then tried to alter the position of the cam sensor and crank sensor performance and fuel economy are dictated.

i was really amazed by the performance and economy as I preset the timing sensor adjustments not following what the workshop manual says. we only used digital timing light to set the preferred throttle response and performance.

What intrigue me is that a slight change (i mean a milimeter) in the timing sensors does a significant change in the variables that are programmed by the ecu.

Satisfied with the performance and economy.

by the way, my specs are:
no knock sensor( damaged and hardly available here in the philippines)
no oxygen sensor ( i don't know why)
and two of my scan tools can not read its obd1 port signals or protocol( well i know i need a MUT2 for this)

Good day to all