The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: check engine light

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

check engine light

I got the code po421 (catalyst efficiency below threshold) my buddy has the same exact mitsubishi engine I have. I hav an 01 galant hes got an 01 stratus. We both have the same code. I gutted my cat, didnt work. He bought a front 02, didnt work. He bought headers with a cat off ebay, havent heard back from him yet so idk if that worked or not...anyone know before I buy things for nothing? Or is it just kinda a trail and error kinda thing?

2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

I gutted the front cat I mean. I didnt touch the back cat or 02.

Keep gutting the rest of your cats until the light will go away

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

wow. literally one thread below this one kros702 had the same problem. if you had searched you probably would have seen it. but because i am in a good mood(aka i got to see my girlfriend this weekend) i will supply you with the link. my post (post number 14) has the information you will need to correctly diagnose your concern.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...e-light!-Codes!!

oh and ps.....the search option is your friend. on any and all forums you find yourself trekking in your lifetime, search before you post. itll save yourself from getting butthurt and pissing lots of people off in the future.