The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9G shudder/ vibration problem solved!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

9G shudder/ vibration problem solved!!!!!

For those of you who have a 9G (maybe even earlier models) that have a shudder between 20-25 MPH, I finally got some answers. Mitsubishi is aware of it and even has TSB (technical service bulletin) about it. It is torque converter chatter. They will charge you $144.00 even if you are under warranty to flush your tranny and put in an additive. This will let them SEE if that fixes your problem. If not, they will take further steps. Hope this helps someone out there.

Should be free

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I agree, but Mitsu says it is a maintenance issue.

Sounds like they're trying to make a buck in hopes it works. If not, then make up other services you can pay for in an attempt to make more money while not fixing the issue at hand. I wouldn't run down there for a tranny flush and expect anything more than momentary smoother shifts.

You have to remember the 9G is now 10 years old and miles have racked up and most 9G/8G owners treat their cars like shit so its likely their suspension/drivetrain components shot and thats where the shudder is coming from.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 05-06-2014 at 01:29 PM

In my case, my car is new. I have only 19,000 miles.

This totally went away on mine when I flushed it and put in amsoil atf. I used straight amsoil to flush it too, was a total of 12 quarts. Sport shift was also a lot faster! Really fast! Shifting!