The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need to replace the part of shift light harness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

need to replace the part of shift light harness..updated

Alright here's the problem..you know the socket for the shifter bulb, I believe I have a break in the wiring to it or the terminals don't have a good connection. Im only talking about the pigtail part, where it has the bulb socket on one end, and the other end has the female connector where the bottom of it snaps into the area around the shifter assembly.

Im not talking about the wiring with the male end that runs to who knows where. Just the little subharness if you will, that has about 4 inches of wire. Anyone know where I might can get one new, like a mitsu parts site?

Reason why I think there is a break, is the bulb lights only when you twist the wire or move it in a certain position. Bend it another way, and it loses power.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 05-13-2014 at 03:51 PM

That piece? If so part number is MR246397
    http://www.mitsubishipartsdept.com/O.../MR246397.html

Also download the mitsubishi ASA... it would answer questions like these quicker than someone can respond.
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

i can check if i have it in storage tomorow but iirc i think i cut the wire but ill check for u.
    and no i dont know any sites for this stuff i only use ebay
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Yup that's it! Thanks fellas

Oops hold up, is that for a 7th gen, just saw the knob button was on top instead of the side. Need one for an 8th gen, unless they're the same. Thanks again

nah thats the 8th gen in the program i think that shift knob is the world spec 8th gen knob, I double checked to make sure it was the 8th gen i was looking at

Cool, appreciate your help again

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Cool, appreciate your help again

I always get those from the junkyard, I can send you one, PM me, I have like 5 of them with the bulb
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

ive got this
    its from a jdm though dont know if it fits

but its probably easier for u to get one from a junk yard since sending it from here wouldnt be that cheap
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Yeah mine looks different, with less wires. Thanks for taking the time to look and upload that pic. I'll probably just check the local yard

Got one from a yard today, and faced the same problem. So to see if it was actually the hard wired part of the harness that runs with other wires in the car or just this subharness, I sorta made a jumper with the old one and put each end to the + and - of the led and it worked solid.

Its beyond annoying because its time wasted, and one of my biggest pet peeves..money wasted.

Any suggestions? I almost wanna attempt something custom and better than factory if im gonna gamble with my money anyway

Any ideas?

That sucks...

its just two wires right? why dont you just hard wire the bulb in to the harness and bypass the connector. what part exactly do you wiggle to make it work? the connector or the bulb socket? and you said you have a new bulb/harness right? didnt really have time to read through everythng fully.

Yes it does deadeyes lol. And kyle, the issue seems to be closer to the bulb socket on both my original subharness and the new one. The other end with the female connector on the original doesnt seem to be a problem, because I cut the original wires short close to it and added wire I had laying around.

After doing so, I plugged it all back to the male connector on the hardwired harness in the car, and pressed both bare ends of the added wires to the + and - of my led. Seemed to be solid connection until i took the wires away from the bulb. So basically I think the issue starts some where a inch away from the female connector of the subharness. Whether it be the wires or bulb sockeg.

So I might cut the new one I got short, then add this http://m.ebay.com/itm/280908046407?nav=SEARCH. Looks like the same bulb socket

Also something kinda weird to me is the fact mitsubishi has like shrink wrap and electrical tape around the wires...its only two wires, and kinda makes them less flexible imo. Which I wonder if it causes a break in the wires, since they get bent when the bulb is positioned in the gear indicator smh
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 05-14-2014 at 11:34 PM

I got some from the junkyard, going to split the stock one and run a light to each front foot area to light it up at night.

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Are you using the same bulb for each harness?

I've tried a red led and white led bulb I had on the original, and only the red bulb on the one from the yard. So pretty sure the bulbs aren't bad.

Also black8gv6, like the idea of for the foot areas. I've been thinking on illuminating mine prior to this shift light situation, but now fixing it is my primary focus. Kills me to see all the other led equipped parts lit at night except this.

Double checking my gear selection at night with my phone is getting old lol

Also black8gv6, sorry I missed your offer..I didnt see until today after I ordered the extension on ebay. Thanks anyway. If you don't mind me asking, how much did your harnesses run you? Mine was llike $8 with entry fee included. Just tring to get an idea of yard prices, cause this is about the 3rd part I've gotten that seemed overpriced. Especially to be useless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast