The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stock Infinity System

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Stock Infinity System

I just wanted to get some opinions. My car came with the Infinity sytem but when i purchased it there had been an aftermarket radio installed. i thought all the speakers were hooked up and working. i put in a double DIN radio and found out that the tweeters and center dash speaker aren't hooked up and the stock amp is gone. is it worth getting another stock amp and put the system back together with my new head unit or just stick with the way it is now using the rear deak speakers and two door speakers? i never had the infinity system working before so i don't have a basis of comparison.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

I have the infinity system in my g. I LOVE IT! I have it on an old school 4v alpine deck. My center channel and tweeters sound better than most of the aftermarket speakers I've heard

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

the infinity speakers are pretty good fro stock speakers i bought aftermarket jbl and put them in my deck with a separate amp. and well all thats different is the bass is a little deeper not realy worth what i payd for them
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

PuristMike
    I'm a bass guitarist and I've done production work before on some other peoples stuff. I'd say with the stock Infinity system with an old 8" bass speaker from my practice rig the system is perfect. Not like a ghetto sub set up, just enough of the low end to hear everything crisply and its not too hard to hook up at all

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

thanks for the info. sounds like it wouldn't hurt to put the infinity speaker system back to the way they were originally in the car.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

It won't hurt, and it does have good sound and clarity for what it is. However to source an amp in good working order will be a challenge.

PuristMike
    Try your local car audio spot, I know at the one right down from my work they can get just about anything or even make one on the spot for a lot cheaper

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

It won't sound right unless the factory amp is in place, reason why is because the mids are standard 4 channel out the amp, meaning Front, Rear, Left, Right. And the door tweeters and dash center channel are wired in series.... or they have their own outputs direct from the amp, however I'm leaning more towards the series theory.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I pulled the factory amp because when the installers at the audio shop quoted me for my head unit installation it was some outrageous price due to the amp..? I wired it all up and installed it myself, marked what was LF, LR so on and so forth. Still using the stock infinity door speakers, tweeter, and dash speaker though the dash one stopped working. Theyre good stock speakers id say though i plan on replacing the door speakers.

You were quoted on an amp bypass installation. Lots of time and wire. Basically they we're gonna wire each speaker individually to the radio. If they had any usable brains they woukd have mentioned the special harness that retains use of the amp and the labor woukd have been easier since its literally plug and play.

Shiitttttyyy. Because I did the labor of manually wiring each individual wire.

Oh well you live and learn I guess. I also had to replace the carpet at the time so i ripped everything out. There was like a puddle of water in the car when i first got it from the evap drain plug malfunction.

i got an amp for sale pm me

Oak, Where did you find that piece that connects to stock amp wire? i found out i still have the stock amp under the seat and i just picked up the amp wire from pickurpart but i wasn't sure how to wire it up to aftermarket head unit.
    I have the speakers wired directly to the head, no tweeter's and i don't think the dash speaker works or is hooked up.
    Last edited by 1904Galant; 08-07-2014 at 05:55 PM

That harness can be found anywhere online.

Crutchfield
    Sonicelectronix
    Ebay