The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bc racing coilovers br type

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Bc racing coilovers br type

Hey guys got a nice set of coils for my 8g, anyone have a same set. I have some questions about them.

Lolol thanks for the rep. my question is do I need camber kits because my friend told me something about pillow mounts. I'm my so sure how coilovers work exactly I mean I know the jist of it, but since these were bought used with under 1000mi. All I get are the 4 coilovers.

I have them.
    Depends how low you go and how much your camber is effected, but you should probably get a legit kit regardless. Better to be safe than sorry.
    I don't have one on mine yet, as I need to roll the rear fenders before I can adjust the camber. But Ingalls comes recommended.

I want to install them, but will be unsure of the camber issue until I get the alignment. I'm looking to lower the front 2-2.5 inches, and the rear 1-1.5. So Ingalls huh.

The fronts have camber plates that will allow you to adjust, unfortunately the rear you have to get a camber kit. With even a 1.3 drop from Tein S-Tech springs in the rear that one of my G's has, the camber went to about -2.9. So I went with ingalls now its back to 1.5.

I'll take a picture of what exactly I have and post tomorrow.

take a picure of the tops of the front struts. that picture doesnt help anybody because we cant see shit. i have this same brand on my mazda, cant complain at all. i felt like they werent much different than stock just because i kept them on the softest setting. if you want a more aggressive ride id suggest go a different route but if youre just looking for the adjustability then these would be perfect for your application.

fronts have camber adjust. see those 4 screws next to the dampening knob? you will need to get the ingalls camber kit if you wanna adjust camber in the rear correctly though.

Ok perfect, thank you I'll look into it.

Yep

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I made this purchase earlier but now I'm confused if I need to buy another for the other side or is what's pictured exacty what I need?

from the looks of it, yes because that will only take care of one side. but your drop is not a lot so maybe you can just get away with using the supplied washers and avoid having to buy another kit.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

So I could've used washers to begin with? I'm looking to drop 1-1.5" in the rear.

well it depends on how many washers youre going to use, because if you need a lot of washers then youre going to need those extended bolts. plus I think those washers are stronger than your average home depot ones. ive seen people on here use home depot washers and have no problems, but from the likes of it, youre better off doing it correctly with the ingalls kit since youre spending decent coin on your suspension already. I did the exact same thing and only bought one side and didn't realize it til I pulled my tires off and needed another kit, but since at the time I was only dropped on teins, I only needed a couple of washers from the kit to correct my camber. I didn't even have to use the brackets, but I did use the bolts.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I'll see what it dials in when installed and aligned. I hope I can get away with using washers, would hate to drop another $50 for something so small that I can fix relatively cheap.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I have the BC coilovers as well and I use longer screws and about 4-5 washers for the rears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast