The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 17x7 +40 and a spacer?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

17x7 +40 and a spacer?

I'm looking to lower my 8g with coils and I'm not sure if I will be getting what I wanted out of these wheels. Anyone have a similar setup with pictures? I'm trying to get an idea and any help will be appreciated.

My wheels are 17x7 +40 with D2 coilovers

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

In your other thread you mentioned you had BC coils.

This is me, on BC Coilovers, with Ingalls kit in rear lowered about 2.5 front and 1.5 rear, wheels are Evo 9 wheels (17x8 +38)

Last edited by oakrdrs187; 05-20-2014 at 12:28 AM

Black8g - what size tires?

Oakrdrs - that's pretty much the exact look I'm looking for. Yep I have BC's, going to put it all together at once.

215/50
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

oakrdrs, I want that grille so DAMN bad!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

^^^Can you believe the body shop that worked on her lost the eblem after they broke it.

Its a good thing they did a good job on the paint and threw in a few extras or I would have been fuming! Im a patient person too.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I want that grille too lol. I'll pos pics of my 8g soon. It's the Dover pearl of whatever off white pearl it is. I'm going for that similar clean look, kudos to you sir.

Car needs suspension anyway so I got the coilovers here local for a steal, got the wheels off ebay, and I'm just waiting to mock up with the suspension and figure out if I want a spacer or not. Oh yeah and tires would help too.

Last edited by SNWFLK; 05-13-2014 at 01:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ^^^Can you believe the body shop that worked on her lost the eblem after they broke it.

Its a good thing they did a good job on the paint and threw in a few extras or I would have been fuming! Im a patient person too.

Dude! I love it without the emblem!!!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Sooooo anybody running a spacer with 17x7 wheels on their 8G ?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar

Actually that emblem was already broken lol! I was washing the car one day and my towel had a thread that wrapped around it and broke off one of the diamonds. I used some "Amazing Goop" to reattach it to the grille and it looked good as new. Finding another emblem was nearly impossible as rare as that grille is. It took me a long while to wait for that grille to pop up from Triggermauve after I went with the JDM front end.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Im saying the bodyshop refreshed the black on the grill and tried to pop it off but broke it in three pieces, then threw it away thinking they could just get a new oem one. I explained many times that the car was fitted with a bunch of Japanese parts but it sort of went in one ear and out the other.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Im saying the bodyshop refreshed the black on the grill and tried to pop it off but broke it in three pieces, then threw it away thinking they could just get a new oem one. I explained many times that the car was fitted with a bunch of Japanese parts but it sort of went in one ear and out the other.

Oh ok wow, yeah I knew they had refreshed the grille but jeez three pieces? That's messed up...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)