The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Updates on my 8g.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

Updates on my 8g.

Well its been a few days if not a week or 2 since any updates, Ive been working and doing stuff that hasnt given me any time to post any updates, After getting the 20s put on i noticed WAY to much tuck in the back wheels and even having my fenders rolled pretty good i still kept hearing them rub inside somewhere, so i opted to add the screw on spring lifters, i added 2 on each side first and still wasnt enough so i added 2 more, even tho its still not level enough im happy with it till i buy the tein lowering kit and 4 new shocks, ive also tinted the windows today all 5% all the way around ( Dont care alot the law) lol, also added a kicker remote bass knob to the new amp i just installed kicker zx 750x1 for the 1 12'' kicker CVR, Also i cleared the corner lights,( Still want new ones), Also in the pics you will notice all the lights inside are green leds, Ive changed all the lights inside and outside on the car to LEDs and hids, Im going to replace the reverse LEDs to HIDs as soon as my friends get them back instock.

Let me know what you think, Also i am going to tint the tail lights out also but i want to buy the tail lights from a 02 or 03 before i do.

Where u buy ur cluster and dash light???? I want to buy them in red.
    And tht voltage regulator???
    Looks good
    Thx

i got the lights on ebay they were super cheap, and yes its a voltage meter, i also got it from ebay.
    Last edited by 305Eddie; 05-29-2014 at 03:47 PM

Nice and clean, wheels kinda have a vip look to em. Gonna be nice with a drop. I like that voltage gauge too and the other mods look clean too

second that ^

gonna look really nice, I love that black/chrome look with the grill/wheels! clean interior too, love that amp level mount
    not sure im a fan of the auto trans knob but I've thought about getting one too so its cool to actually see it XD nice two tone too btw

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

well, i actually JUST got another system which is the old system i had in my show galant, 2 15 inch kicker CVRs with an 1100 RMS memphis amp, i cant WAIT to install it, i also got a power block i had laying around and im going to hook up another battery in the trunk to support the front battery for the bass.
    I also ordered the tweeter pods for the side view mirror covers, also ordered the flip key mod for myself lol, tired of having 2 keys to start/open the car lol.

are you using the subs with the car off? otherwise another battery wouldn't be as good as getting a bigger alternator...and a word of caution, don't use deep cycles unless you are actually cycling them...you can actually shorten the life of the battery (per my electronics professor at PSU). I know that a lot of audio people support optima yellow tops and other deep cycles for audio but if you don't usually drop below 12.6 then there isn't much point IMO

here is an alternator I got 6 months ago and works like a champ with my 3 subs:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALTERNATOR-H...580dd1&vxp=mtr

well after i installed the new amp, and the subs and while driving the power drops for to about 11.6 and stays around 12 while stopped, while i drive its above 13 volts, and no i never use the subs with the car off hehe, and i got good news, the duralast battery that the car has still has 2 more years of warranty so after talking to the girl from autozone, she said all id have to pay is an extra 75$ for a yellow top.

like I said, unless you're going to completely cycle (12.6->0>12.6) I believe it will actually shorten the life of the yellow top (that might be wrong but that's what both my electrical profs said at university)
    getting a bigger alternator (or rather a smaller pulley) will help you more and not hurt the battery any. higher alternator output means the amp(s) don't have to pull from the battery(s) to power your subs and every time a starting battery drops below 12.6 (12.7 for optimas I think) it shortens the life of it. obviously do whatever you want and def research some, that's just my .02

here is my setup too:

dual optima REDtops - chose red tops because and time the batteries need to be used its for high amounts of current at once, then they are recharged immediately by the alt. so when my subs draw massive power it treats the batteries the same as if im starting the car...make sense?
    powermaxusa alternator - 180 amp I think, the only time I drop below 14.1 is when I am stopped, in drive (lower idle than neutral) and using my HIDs, a/c, and air compressors. even with my system I cant get the volts to drop below 14.1 subs alone

13w7 on a 3000w amp
    (2) RF P2D4 8" subs
    2 amps

may be beneficial to get ahold of wetamup2k3g, he seems to know a crap ton about this stuff (asked him for some advice on my system a few days ago too lol)

finally got my OEM tweeter pods today,

Not bad, I still can't get over that interior two tone, absolutely love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm going to add more two tone to it, I'm looking for black suede to do the headliner and sunroof slide, and a bunch of other things but the first thing I'm gonna do now is fix the brakes.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...-s-Brembo-Swap

if you've got $800 or so taking up space in your pocket!
    evo 7/8/9 calipers, rotors, pads, and stainless lines (pretty sure that's all you need IIRC)

Oh nah im not looking at spending that at all lol.

Im sure if i look around i can find the complete set in a junk yard down here.

Hell if you can find evo's in the junkyards you're a lucky man! We don't even have any lancers here, let alone evo XD

I can barely find eclipses for trans swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

......within 30 miles of my house we might have over 500 junk yards 90% of them being jap cars, and theres ALOT of evos from some of the ones ive been to lol.

where you live??? (if you don't mind sharing) if its anywhere semi close to me then I know where im going when I do my brake upgrade!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast