The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wide bodied Galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Wide bodied Galant

This is the red wide body that someone else posted in the random pics thread. Can't figure out how to post this in it from my phone.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

I like it but I don't like the hood. Just doesn't look right having it that wide.

Really well done bodywork. Not sure I like the hood as much. But overall it flows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, thats where I stand. It works for this setup, but I'm not a fan. I would love to see a full build thread on this car.

I would hope the car has the performance to back up the body. Performance notwithstanding however, I don't hate it, in fact the quality looks to be top notch. The hood, while nicely done, does look out of place not flowing with the natural lines created where the headlights end and grille begins. Would I drive it? yeah. Would I pay to have it done to my car? nah.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I have that front bumper.... hmmm... light bulb

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I think it would be better if the wide body was less aggressive, good work but I would incorporate making the doors flow with the wide body. Too much bulk and empty space from fender to fender. Ltmw who does a lot of wide body's like the crooks 458 Ferrari and some bmws flow the doors with the rear quarters and it looks so much cleaner
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

It's too early at this point. Hope he puts aggressive wide wheel setup to its aggressive wide fender setup. The last person that did a similar setup was the Purple & Green Galant with under sunk wheels and we all know how that turned out.

i wouldnt call that "wide body" i would call that big fkn fender flares. im with dronesurfboards on alot of what he says. i have often thought about a wide body galant and id probly do it like the E30 M3 BMW make it flow with the body although i would at most widen the car by an inch (inch and half)
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Guys, this is the red one that was posted in the other thread. This project is completed. Personally, I like the front and the rear window spoiler. The rest isn't my cup of tea. Can someone please post the red one here or post this one with the red one? I can't do it from my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Can someone please post the red one here or post this one with the red one? I can't do it from my phone.

guess thats my cue? lol here ya go

Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Thank you sir!

Some sort of a list what has been done to this Galant VR-4 '99:

Soda blasted body
    Custom made widebody kit
    Sand blasted underbody, 2K epoxy and sealing
    Custom made polyurethane bushes
    BC FC53 wheels 20”/9,5” and 20”/11”
    Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 235/30/20 and 285/25/20
    Brembo upgrade, candy red paint
    BC racing BR coilovers
    Loads of parts under the car were changed (hubs, driveshafts, arms, steering parts etc.)
    Adjustable front upper arms

JDM headlights converted to bi xenon lights with the red devil option
    All lights clear coated
    Loads of new parts (mouldings, weatherstrips, windshield class, rear window class, etc.)

Engine 6A13 DOHC
    Engine bay and loads of engine related parts fully cleaned with Annitrol
    2K epoxy primer and black satin paint
    Practically all bolts changed or painted
    Red silicone hoses
    Carbon engine cover
    Lots of other new parts (radiator, AC parts, wiring, relays, windscreen wiper motor etc.)
    Remapped ECU
    Autobahn FMIC (TLTD ceramic coated)
    3” downpipe (RPW), 3” metallic high-flow catalysator, 3” exhaust pipe, silencer 3” in and 2x2,5” out
    Innovate wideband lambda
    Walbro 255

Custom made full leather interior from top to bottom (dark brown/cream)
    Practically all the other parts inside the car are special coated to match with the leather interior

Carputer
    CTF800-WMSL - VGA 8.0" (16:9) Touchscreen
    2 x CTF700-SHM - VGA 7" TFT – Touchscreen
    MOsconi DSP 6to8 V8
    Mosconi AS 300.2, 200.2 and 100.4
    2 x Audio-system HX120 phase
    GladenAudio Aerospace 165.3
    2 x Optima Yellow Top
    Wiring meets the requirements of the EMMA rules

And here is some pics:
    http://www.mitsubishiclubfinland.com...1882&g2_page=9
    http://iconosquare.com/p/824443906515802103_469551796

Welcome to the forum, Skydiver, and thanks for posting the link!

Here's some of the images from the gallery:

One question. How did you do the rear quarter panel on the door?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I love that Rear Window Visor what is the name of it? is it made for the galant or is it from another car.

once painted I think it didnt turn out THAT bad. It actually looks pretty aggressive! I would never do it but it looks like quality work.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Thanks Voodoo for picking up the pics to the thread. My english is what it is but I'll try to answer to your questions...

The body kit is made of fibreglass and it's hand made by Jani Tasanko/Diablo Designs here in Finland. It took quite a time to do it but at the same time it's also pretty straigthforward thing to do. As you see from the pics the first thing we did we used polyurethane sheets and foam to get the raw version of it what we wanted it to be. After fitting and sanding the fibreglass was added on and when it was hardened we used saw to open rear doors and made all the inner parts after that. Bumbers and sideskirts are also removable. That rear window spoiler is one of a kind and it's hand made to this project. The rear spoiler is originally from the Subaru and it's widened and modified to fit to the trunk lid. The front bumber is originally an aftermarket bumber from the Dolphin's body kit but it's been customized here and there. A friend of mine crashed their Legnum with the moose (no people were harmed, just one big moose died) and the bumber was in a pretty bad shape because of it but it was perfect for my purposes. I wanted to use original foglights so this one has the places for them. Under the rear bumber and the sideskirts there's an original parts.

I know this style ain't everyones cup of tea but I wanted to rebuild the whole car and do a my kind of version of it and the most important thing for me is the quality of finish. It's been a long run but it's been something I just had to do. I had an idea of the perfect Galant for so long time and if that kind of thoughts won't go away what else can you do...

Sweet ride. Show car stuff.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Amazing work All do and respect for Shark Galants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast