The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ~~need transmission help~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    outtatime1006

Icon9 ~~need transmission help~~

ok so heres the story, I bought a 2003 galant real cheap but found out it needs a flywheel and I can't find one anywhere. But I have been lookin around on craigslist and such and have found some trannys but im not sure what year trannys bolt up to my 2003 2.4l. btw the tranny that is in it now is out of a awd eclipse 2000-2005. that's what the previous owner claims. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by outtatime1006 View Post
    ok so heres the story, I bought a 2003 galant real cheap but found out it needs a flywheel and I can't find one anywhere. But I have been lookin around on craigslist and such and have found some trannys but im not sure what year trannys bolt up to my 2003 2.4l. btw the tranny that is in it now is out of a awd eclipse 2000-2005. that's what the previous owner claims. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Ok im gonna go easy before silvertune gets in here and begins tearing you a new one.

First of all you wont find a flywheel for any 8th generation galant no matter what year it is. You search for a flexplate, since its automatic. Flywheels are for manual transmission cars.

Secondly why are you looking for a transmission? If all you need is a "flexplate". Flexplates are used to start the car and to bolt up the torque converter. The only way they go bad is if the teeth break off and it no longer turns the motor over otherwise its just an adapter used to bolt up the torque converter that transfers power to the transmission.

And my final point, there are no 00-05 AWD eclipses, let alone an automatic one. Even if it were humanly possible how on gods green earth will bolt up to your FWD car?

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 05-28-2014 at 11:11 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oakrdrs187 again.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-01-02-...8a3cf1&vxp=mtr

youre welcome. just saved your ass tons of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oakrdrs187 again.
    Lol!

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Saved him a second A-Hole as well as money lol
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

outtatime1006
    no its a flywheel its a 5 spd tranny I know the difference but its from a eclipse just wanted to know what year eclipse trannys bolt up to my 2003 2.4 thanks

outtatime1006
    did I post this to you? sorry im new

there is no way in hell your flywheel is broken. but since you asked, here you go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eclipse-Sebr...4ca0c2&vxp=mtr

that is for a 2000-2005 eclipse FWD. there is no way you have an awd trans because they didnt make them in awd. how about you take apart the car and take pictures instead of trying to describe what you need. you just dont get a newb to buy a manual swapped galant.

Experienced TGC Member
    This is going to be interesting!!

How do you break a flywheel? Does he mean he needs a new clutch?

OK... I think the OP is saying that he bought a G that had already been converted to manual. But now its needing a flywheel. If that's the case man then you need to search eBay for an eclipse flywheel for your motor size. Eclipses had the same motors, they just got lucky with the 5speed option.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

ive got a transmission, 2 clutchs and a flywheel if you need it lol axles too
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

outtatime1006
    Thanks for understanding

outtatime1006
    Just bought the flywheel off eBay haha but I got a question for you. Being it was an automatic there is still a lot if tranny codes on it would my best bet be getting an ecm out of a 5 speed eclipse and get it retunned or can they clear it all when they tune it thanks for replying and not being a dick I'm not on this forum a lot or any forum for that matter

outtatime1006
    Dude who had it before put the totally wrong starter in it and ground the teeth off the starter

so you just need a new starter? There are members on here that can flash your computer to get rid of those codes and give you a tune, gotta pay to play tho
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

outtatime1006
    Damn ment to say ground the teeth off the flywheel

Is it a fidanza fly wheel? Because the teeth are replaceable

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

outtatime1006
    Not sure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast