The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine Sound

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Engine Sound

I been hearing this noise coming from the engine. The noise usually goes away after 5 minutes of driving, but sometimes it comes back during a drive. This came up as a problem during the winter. In warmer temperatures, the noise goes away quicker. Any suggestions on what the issue could be? Any one had this problem before?
    I have a 2001 ES 2.4L automatic.

http://youtu.be/g4ojWSi_Euo

Check your oil level, sounds like the old lifter tick but it's loud. On my eclipse the noise gets louder when the oil gets low.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Lifter tick. You can either bleed them or replace them. Either way they both require a few special tools not included in the $10 PepBoys special 30 piece set. And the option of replacing can run you a couple hundred bucks. Once the tick is there you can only mask it with magic oils and solvents but it'll be back.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

this is happing to my car also. but it is also dieing. then it will not want to start. ill turn it over about 10 times (it will crank very slow and almost die out) then ill wait a min or 2 then it will start. also my noize is not al loud and only happens when its in drive. any suggestions for it? is it the same thaing?