The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Possibly triggered immobilizer during light install..in need of help

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Possibly triggered immobilizer during light install..in need of help

Yesterday got my led underdash installed, but ended up not liking it running by parking light/headlight switch since they would be too bright for not driving. Then I got the idea to have it activated by door, so instead of running of the map lights, I did the key ring light. And that's where the issue started. Now the led bulb I had in the key ring has become constant instead of only lighting with the door open. Plus weird thing is only part of the bulb lights, the top leds on it don't. Yet it works perfectly fine in the ash tray light socket??

I haven't hacked/cut anywires. What I did was back probe the key ring bulb socket, just wedging the pos and neg wires up in the socket against the pos and neg for the key ring. I unhooked everything cause eventually even the underdash lights didn't come on.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 06-16-2014 at 12:30 AM

The ring is part of the immobilizer. This i know because i also install blue leds for the ring, and when it was connected but not around the key the car will not start

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

this sounds stupid but try swithing the bulb around. led's are one way electrical valves and the polarity actually does make a difference.

Cleaned up my thread since I solved the other issues..though the key light issue remains. Figured I'd try again lol