The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air Suspension and Stereo pop

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Air Suspension and Stereo pop

just tried to post this but idk if it worked, internet sorta goofed up

when I hit the switches on my air suspension the speakers "pop"
    each switch makes a different sound but pops either up or down
    I don't think the pop was there before I ran my stinger 0awg wire (used to have fosgate 4awg)
    the solenoids are located behind the rear passenger tire (opposite the muffler)
    the sub wires are all ran down the driver door trim areas (I know its bad to but avi and power wire together but oh well)

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Where did you get the power for the switches?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

If your signal wires are running alongside your power wires, it's not a stretch to think that can cause your pop issue.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I have no idea where they got the power for the switches, I haven't messed with anything at the switches yet although I know the solenoids are grounded to the chassis where they are bolted up at

and ya I thought about that wetamup2k3g but I didn't think they would only pop with the air suspension switches, figured there would be some distortion or something other times ya know...like acceleration whine or something idk. plus I don't think it did it when I had 4awg...think maybe just being double the size would make the difference? I will switch the signal wires to the passenger side some time in the future when I get time, and now that the subs are out it wont be as bad...moving that w7 box sucks ass! 70lb sub plus like a 30/40lb box...

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!