440cc injectors - eventually
    3sx fuel rail - eventually
    Ripp Modifications Vortech V-2 supercharger - long term goal

Gauges:
    dual volt meter - custom made
    innovate wideband - installed and working for over a year
    oil pressure - coming soon
    boost gauge - eventually
    spot for 1 more, maybe cylinder head temp idk yet...

Interior
    Interior neon lighting, rose airbrushing, fiberglass kick panel speaker mounts, custom steering wheel

Ice
    Powermaxusa high output alternator, duel Optima battery conversion, Jensen slide out head unit, 10 speaker MB Quart system including (4) tweeters, (4) 6.5” midrange speakers and (2) 4” speakers, custom trunk layout with (1) JL Audio 13w7 subwoofer, Bass Inferno BI3000DX 3000w monoblock amp, (2) Rockford Fosgate P2D2 8” subwoofers, airbag suspension with 6 switch custom panel, Street Glow blue underglow neon kit

Wheels/Tires
    Front: 235/450/17
    Rear: 215/45/17

Ok so I’ve seen everyone else has a build thread and decided I might as well give it a go. Firstly I bought the car 2 years and a few months ago after totally my last one (1996 passat).

I was starting to get into cars more and looking for something that would stand out. After not getting the Supra I was looking at I went with the Galant. It was a really pretty silver color with some nice 18” chrome rims on it but the thing that really drew me in was the airbag suspension. At the time fast and the furious, need for speed, and midnight club were the extent of my knowledge on cars so you can imagine why I wanted it so much XD

so one of the things I first did, having been a huge gamer car guy I started buying vinyls!

and I loved the look of the RX-7 from NFS Carbon so I tried making a plan for the galant's future (on a skyline in midnight club) no worries, I don't wanna go with that idea any more!!!

a buddy of mine and I sat down in a waffle house till like 4am one day talking cars and girls and future stuff and came up with a plan for a new hood a few years back

(that's the good hood in the background)

still pretty rough when I left it last but not going with the split hood idea any more...wanted to be unique but can't figure out a good way to make the middle work with a way im happy with. gonna grab another one and keep the same design, just a solid hood

picked up a spoiler on ebay, not sure if I like it yet or not. may sell it and go with an evo style one later. its not on the car yet, sitting with a crap ton of other parts in my room

I came across this picture a few months ago and instantly fell in love!

after a lot of searching found one other car with a similar style and started that project

picked up a lancer bumper online for pretty cheap, evo bumpers were running like $600+ and im not about to spend that much $ on a project that I may or may not f@%k up

was def. too wide and tall so start the fabricating

just went and got another oe galant bumper to mount the lancer one on. gonna use the oe bumper for mounting points, fiberglass the lancer one onto it then cut out anything that doesn't look right and such.

over winter break (Dec/Jan) I decided it would be a GREAT idea to install a HO alternator, new batteries, big 3 upgrade, etc.

first had to move the nitrous solenoids

now for all the parts that are going in:

and what project wouldn't be complete without donating your blood to the car gods!

test fitting for the new location

couple welds and some mounting stuff later and

voiala! no clue how to spell that word lol

now of course the reason for all the electrical, on the left my buddies fosgate P1, middle my old P3, and the new big boy 13w7

had some boss subs for a bit and initially started with some polk audio 8" too

going for a built in look, not even close to finishing as that was a year ago XD put it on hold during school

made a dual volt meter in case I ever wanna swap to deep cycle down the road, not like it hurts with them wired together now anyway

two of these and an old gauge cut apart

since im running two amps and don't always want all 3 subs at all times I put in a nifty switch that lets you toggle between 1/2/both/off

and added in the avi plugs for my aux cable/xbox setup (used to be ps2)

and yes that is absolutely NFS underground 2! forgot how crap the graphics were though!!!
    very very first thing I ever did with the damn car upkeep/engine wise was change the damn spark plugs...not a good first project thing when you haven't done much stuff like that but got it handled just fine...except I found out after it was all back together we pulled a wire for one of the injectors and then spent the next 3 hours trying to solder it back together (way too long but had never done anything like that before!)

had a psi gauge that went bad and confused the shit out of me

then I saw this little bastard!

open highways are the best

that was before the nitrous though

again fast and furious influence here...

cut out the cruise for it for those wondering how that works with clockspring
    realized I never used the nitrous and stumbled across this on ebay after searching forever on possible FI setups...what perfect timing ^.^

still cheaper than any vortech v5 ive ever found too

felt like Christmas that night
    cooling mist methanol injection because there is no space for an intercooler anywhere -.-

tried to do an alignment and broke the toe adjustment bolt...had to cut the control arm out and replace it to get her running again

started making a new gauge holder after an idea I saw on an eclipse

testing the visibility

few extra gauges lying around I put in just to test em out...still gotta buy the gauges later though (oil pressure and fuel pressure) for when I go FI

recently discovered this is why my airbags leak...the psi kill switch is like cracked or something in the back so I have a new one on the way

I know this is in no order exactly but, being as I did this post all at once with pictures scattered across several files and devices, I hope this at least catches anyone interested up on what I've got going on

and here are the new rims I threw on just today! only on the back because the front wears something terrible...fixing the airbag leak then I can get an alignment done elsewhere

I think they are a little small 205/50/16 but I have a lot more tread now than I did with the 18's so it will do for a while

repainted the stealies too and I think they look kick nasty
    Last edited by demond0d5; 06-30-2015 at 12:15 AM

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

DANG, you have done alot. You say it's a GTZ, GTZ had a color match grill and 8 piece cladding/trim on the outside that I don't see.
    What happen to cause all that blood?
    Did you finish the hood? and did you finish the EVO X bumper?
    Liking what you have done, can't wait to see the supercharger installed.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    DANG, you have done alot. You say it's a GTZ, GTZ had a color match grill and 8 piece cladding/trim on the outside that I don't see.
    What happen to cause all that blood?
    Did you finish the hood? and did you finish the EVO X bumper?
    Liking what you have done, can't wait to see the supercharger installed.
    I honestly have no idea if it is a GTZ, that's just what I was told when I picked it up. I've tried to find an exact description of GTZ vs. LS but so far the only thing I've really found is that the trim is removable and the grill is interchangeable...I do know that the first owners had it for like 5+ years and all it they did was go to shows with it. I'd imagine that they would have done a bit to make it look better in their image. any way you can tell me exactly what to look for?

I sliced my hand open somehow...massive scar on my left pinkie from in between the two knuckles...the (ex) girlfriend was freaking out at the time but its no biggie :)

naaa I haven't finished the hood. I decided I didn't want the split hood design but I will pick up a new one and start again sometime or another. the evo x bumper is a work in progress...will be graphing it onto an oe bumper hopefully later this week

and thanks, I cant wait to see it either XD the problem is my hours at work just got cut and the only time I work is during school breaks...I am probably gonna pick up a part time job next year to save up and get some stuff done over winter break

oh and a future project, going along with the evo x bumper, will be some new side skirts off a lancer/evo
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/171321285447...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    those are only like .5"-1" longer so it shouldn't be too bad...especially after the bumper ^.^

only thing is im trying to put other projects on hold until I save enough to do a 5 spd swap

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I still got Greg looking for a gearbox for you. I told him the one off a GTS has better ratio's then the GT, so we'll see what they find. He's got access to them from all over the country so hopefully one turns up.

If they get it soon it will give them instructions to not cut the shifter cables or clutch hydraulics and to save them and send them with the transmission.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

ok, right now I'm not sure that I will get the $ for it by the next 2 months...boss cut my hours next week clear down to 20 and if that doesn't get corrected ASAP then it may not happen...I've had a hit on my nitrous system and if that gets sold I should be alright =] I will keep you updated, thanks man!

I remember seeing this ad on Craigslist. Nice G! Glad to see it on here now

yeah I picked it up in warrensburg just over 2 years ago then just over a year ago I was sooo done with having air ride suspension and all the problems it kept causing I was trying to sell her...thankfully I got over that and, just this afternoon actually, have almost all the suspension bugs worked out. still a slight leak on front driver but overall I am way happier with it

waiting for some fiberglass to dry on the bumper I decided to give my valve cover another make over. I'm gonna replace that stupid intake eventually and perhaps paint the manifold black as well, haven't decided yet...

Looks awesome!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    I honestly have no idea if it is a GTZ, that's just what I was told when I picked it up. I've tried to find an exact description of GTZ vs. LS but so far the only thing I've really found is that the trim is removable and the grill is interchangeable...I do know that the first owners had it for like 5+ years and all it they did was go to shows with it. I'd imagine that they would have done a bit to make it look better in their image. any way you can tell me exactly what to look for?
    All GTZs exterior had a color match grill (which previous owner could've replace with a "chrome" grill), color match trunk trim, and 8 piece additional trim (see the pic below) which i doubt they removed and put the plan trim on like your car. Also 99-01 GTZs had white face gauges but your's looks aftermarket

Last edited by Black8GV6; 06-04-2014 at 08:04 PM
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

where does all that stuff go? ever since you've said that I've been trying to locate the differences and can not for the life of me figure out what the difference is...or specifically where these things go

thanks for the info though!

near as I can tell they are the reverse glow gauges I've seen on here before but were there before I got it
    Last edited by demond0d5; 06-04-2014 at 08:52 PM

waiting on more stuff to dry right now -_- seems like that's what takes the longest with body work :(

got the middle melted together and starting to smooth it out

edges melted together and smoothing out

then to make a nice transition under the headlamps I put some of this spray foam in the hole so I can cut it down in the shape I want before glassing

Interested to see how that turns out. I like the way the lancer bumper cuts into the headlights. And except for the split down the middle, I think the hood was pretty decent. Good work man.

i want to remake the hood the exact same (for the most part) but as a solid one...we/i wanted something that would stand out at a meet and everyone knows split hoods from the NFS games =] didn't like how it was gonna turn out any way i did it so im gonna scrap the whole thing

i have a day or two tomorrow i can work on it, next step is test fitting the bumper and making sure everything lines up right ^.^

Awesome... make sure to shoot us son pics

Yeah I will keep this thread updated with pics :) I am leaving town tomorrow so I may not get anything done tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of stuff done! I think it's an ES-V6, because even the LS-V6 came with the cladding on the side, only the ES-V6 and LS 4-cyl (02-03 years only) came with the same side trim as the other 4-cyl models (ES and DE). Not that that matters. Anyhow, keep the progress coming.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Gonna make any difference for insurance and stuff like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it won't

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast