The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Demond0d5 Daily Driven Project

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Showing results 201 to 219 of 219
    Experienced TGC Member
    Nice progress. Good to here she is running again. Hope your 5 speed doesn't give that much trouble.

Damn you! My brother was supposed to buy that LSD.

(It's all good though. If you're getting that reaction out of me, it means you're going in the right direction.)
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Haha thanks coco :) we are up to doing WOT pulls, near the end of modeling airflow. Pulling power out comes next (I think) =D

The swap shouldn't be hard, we have been double checking that he has all the parts for the last month or so. Getting the gearbox has been the hardest part of the whole thing honestly! He bought one, then found out the housing was cracked. He's paranoid with just fixing it so he was gonna buy jigz tranny and the shipping was outrageous...now he is driving 3hrs away to get one from some place

Haha sorry/not sorry Matt! I jumped all over it when I saw it pop up on c3g...never seen a used one come up and with the milage I couldn't pass it up ^.^ tbh I didn't have the money to buy it either but paypal credit is a wondrous thing =D glad to see I'm headed in the right direction too!

Unfortunately with the extra expense, I'm probably putting off the supercharger yet again. Sounds like I'm not gonna have a job when I go back home so it's either bills or toys with what I've got saved up :/ may pick up a part time somewhere idk yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Oh and I guess I should spill about another purchase I came across a few months ago...
    Found a ripp kit with a V2 swapped onto it so...little mix and match here and there...came up with a small diameter pulley (2.75?) and the V2 so that's exciting =D

Means I may end up going all at once with forged pistons and doing a full build all at once

Alright update time again.....been working on the bumper some and that's coming along well, but I'm not sharing pictures yet!

Also just finished the 3rd Kansas v6 manual tonight so that's exciting!

Experienced TGC Member
    The suspense!!!

Congrats on the swap..

Thanks man :)

So this was my room a few days ago:

Parts include:
    Fidanza 9lb flywheel
    Quaife LSD
    Poly motor mounts
    Braided clutch line (already in)
    Evo console for a better shifter bezel
    Electronics for independent fogs

I've got side skirts being made and should be here in a few weeks to compliment the bumper. And if I can find some at pick n pull I'm gonna grab some fenders for a wider setup; nothing crazy, just about an inch, so I can put some spacers on to clear the brembos =D

I also need to grab another hood to work on but I need to finish a few other projects first

Typed that up a few days ago but my app shutdown and I thought I lost it all...glad I didn't have to re-do it =D

Anyway, on to funner things. Got my shifter bezel in and working. Still looking for a way to clean it up without loosing the airbrushing but coco and I talked about it...may just have to suck it up. I'm gonna work with it in the next few days and see what happens, if I screw it up anyway then I just glass over it and be done. Took a massive amount of pictures if anyone needs a "how to"

(That's not the most up to date but I'd gets the idea across)

Also got the fogs up and ready...except it's not for fogs, my fog switch runs the halo rings on the headlights instead. I never use fogs and won't have any on the new bumper so that was an easy solution and keeps me from adding another damn switch.

Experienced TGC Member
    You might be able to save the air brushing. Clean your edges up some more and paint it to match (the evo bezel) and follow through with some of the brush work to hide the seams. Just throwing it out there.

I will probably notch in between them with a fine tip dremel then fill with some stuff if I can. Idk, I'll see what happens tomorrow (if that's when I get to it)

Today I started getting the grill melted into the bumper and smoothed out a little...gotta pull the entire thing off, cut out the grill, and melt in the other side too at some point. And of course body filler

Been working on pulling the nose down so it doesn't look so odd too. Getting a shape I'm happier with but it still needs work

Got some side skirts, but they were crazy too tall!

Cut em down so that they worked better

Also did poly mounts:

Extended lugs and spacers mean...

(That's two spacers to suck in the lugs, not to use that way)

BREMBOS!

They barely, barely, clear. These are 15mm spacers (about .6in)

But the problem I think I'm going to run into is my fenders...I feel like when I lower the bags down its doing to hit :/
    two possible solutions I can think of:
    1) get a real fender roller and see if I can push em out enough to clear (no more phonebooks)
    2) cut and extend a set of scrap fenders like jared did

Last edited by demond0d5; 07-11-2015 at 12:01 AM

^^^ It would be sweet to see some custom fab work! Especially based on the rest of your G, one of my favorites by far! Those Brembos are freaking massive, fills in nicely. Looks kickass dude.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

The plan is eventually to build the bumper into the fenders and those into the skirts...possibly a rear bumper from (Quentin?)

But honestly I am so tired of fab work right now...the bumper is close enough I *could* leave it on full time but it needs all of the hard long hours to look good still...and no way could I be one of those shitty half a body kit cars lol

Oh and thanks for the compliment :)

Understandable, you probably have more hours into the front bumper than I do in my whole car haha and it shows too, that thing is gonna be so sweet!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Damn it's been a while since I've updated...honestly Rose hasn't done much, I've been away at school and she's been in the garage back home. I do have a new surprise but I'll keep that to myself for a little while :p

Few weeks back I snapped all 5 lug studs on the FR corner so now that I'm back I got those swapped out (and the other side for good measure) with ARP Evo studs:

Compared to the 2.5" ones that broke...the new 3" evo ones:

And getting them set:

Turns out when the studs snapped the wheel was banging against the caliper and stripped part of the bolt holes so I used some Helicoils to re-thread it. Very happy with these things and only $27! Just drill out the hole, tap it with the included tap:

Thread in a new set of threads:

And presto! Only damage done was the threads and some paint:

No official test drive yet, waiting till daytime, but she made it around the neighborhood at 10mph and back to the driveway lol

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome back. Lol

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011