The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Demond0d5 Daily Driven Project

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Showing results 181 to 200 of 219
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Uh, oh, that looks like a bit more than a small overlap. The Brembo's are picky about wheels due to the size of the caliper.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I was more concerned about the rear wheels not fitting than the fronts too! There is miles of space from the oem calipers :/

So it's gonna stay mixed until I summer after I can park the car for a while :,( Gotta pick up a DD in a month or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    I was more concerned about the rear wheels not fitting than the fronts too! There is miles of space from the oem calipers :/

So it's gonna stay mixed until I summer after I can park the car for a while :,( Gotta pick up a DD in a month or two

Funny how most of us buy our Gs as dailys and somewhere in the modding process we need to buy a daily to be the daily while the once DD is awaiting parts, avoiding road salt, or just sitting so it stays pretty. Lol/

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Funny how most of us buy our Gs as dailys and somewhere in the modding process we need to buy a daily to be the daily while the once DD is awaiting parts, avoiding road salt, or just sitting so it stays pretty. Lol/
    This. Exactly this right here!

Mine flat out isn't safe to drive daily lol. I have another daily and a back up daily, since the back up (truck) is horrible to drive.

I can't stand how rough the bags ride now with the new rears. I want to replace them bad...but that's not a "need" so it's not gonna happen for a while.

What are you planning on replacing them with?

Experienced TGC Member
    He needs to set it up like my bag set up. Night and day difference.

honestly coco I was about to call you up a week ago and see what it would take for you to duplicate your rears for me! Although when I looked at your thread again I really don't understand what's going on with it...but we should talk about that sometime

I will probably start with looking into spacers, and I am seriously considering flares when I get the bumper on; might be able to get a sick look with that (something like that red galant from finland)
    if not, I start searching for some wheels that other users have so I know they fit =/

Experienced TGC Member
    I will be making a set for thatfreshkids so I will make a third for you but its going to be a while though.

Ight, let me know whenever you do...I may just take you up on that depending on when and if I have money.

Ok so I suppose I should update a little......

Got my ecu in and "working"

But messing with getting it running right has been giving me fits...jacked with the MAF scaling a lot so that the AFR is close but I feel like it is WAY off from what it should be. Everything is at least running better now, used to be super lean at idle and super rich under load. Someone mentioned maybe the injector stuff is messed up but idk anything about that so this'll work for now.....

Getting some cel codes that I am confused on trying to hide (like egr and o2) so gonna rewatch those YouTube vids and figure that out

Ordered an EGR delete for 3sx so that'll hopefully help smooth out some stuff, won't have to worry about it changing and throwing off all the numbers

Also took my heads out, the light just couldn't keep up with how fast she is:

Ok so let's be honest, that's a lie. Just replaced with angel eyes I got from sinshine which look good. Gotta aim them later this week

I think that running the black heads with the lancer bumper will look sick. nice black accent to the car ^.^

It does look good! Did my heads make it yet?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Oh yes, sorry I forgot to text you! They will probably get worked over for a retro fit at some point but that'll have to wait till sunmer

No problem! Im just glad they made it and hopefully in one piece!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

im sorry but that wiring job just looks wrong. clean that baby up and make some solders in line! other than that its coming along great!

Oh that's not a final picture of it, that's just the only one I had! It's all soldered and inside of an old ecu case for protection.

Experienced TGC Member
    We need proof.. lol

OK here ya go coco.....

Im working with Andrew to get the tune set up right...logging has been giving me issues but it's going well enough to continue =D
    So far Andrew is doin a pretty good job I guess (not really sure what he's doing lol) but the car hasn't blown up yet so that's a positive!!!

other updates are a lot more fun though:
    1) working with a guy from back home (don't think he is on here yet) to do a 5spd swap in his 8g v6
    2) got the stuff to make a SS clutch line, thanks to alex/jared for helping to get through to me on that lol
    3) got a center console from an evo to make my shift boot stuff look a lot cleaner

on to the more exciting stuff though
    4) got some new poly engine mounts for this summer
    5) picked up a Fidanza flywheel from Aaron - gotta get a new contact plate but for the price I couldn't pass it up
    6) picked up a Quaife LSD

next
    im looking for a clutch kit, just gotta figure out a decent brand and all that without spending another 400 =(
    the bumper will be getting done once I get back home
    also gonna be doing some wheel spacers to clear the front brembos and probably widening the arches a bit when I do the bumper too
    thinking about picking up some side skirts to do with the body work too but that's another 200

probably a couple other things I cant think of right now but I am super stoked for summer to come around for all this! may not even go back to work for a month or two so that I can spend day and night on it lol

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast