The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Demond0d5 Daily Driven Project

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 219
    picked up my clutch master and slave today =]
    will probably take some time this weekend and get the pedals pre-installed...don't see any reason not too, get used to the feeling again

and just posted something up but does anyone know if the 2.4 intermediate will work (doubtful but IDK) or the linkages (possibly?)

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Your build is sweet, that is some serious work.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

There is no intermediate on a 2.4, the 3.0 is the only one with factory equal length axles.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Ight thanks! Guess I woulda figured that out when I crawled under there but that's good to know!

I was reading somewhere that nobody knows how to get them really except used, you know if the dealership might be able to get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember someone on here said to drill out the holes of the auto one and it will fit since there is a 3mm difference I think. Don't know how safe it will be though.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

One of the yards just got a new eclipse in like last week so I'm gonna start by looking at it..,maybe just maybe I'll get licky

of course the new car was a 2.4 auto but was still is good productive day!

picked up the cables, cable bracket mount thing, fluid reservoir, fluid lines, and a few other odds and end :) stopped by the dealership today but parts was closed on sundays so that'll a task for later this week

I'm gonna bug Greg about the intermediate shaft again tomorrow. I need pricing on the fenders for my car anyways.

When I did my swap I got the shaft from the dealer, its pn MR357370, it would be best to find one used since the shaft has to be pressed into the bearing, I usually have a press I can go use though, so its not out of the question.

the press is no issue...I have one out back that I could use. if I got used i would probably replace all that stuff anyway (and im hopefully gonna swing some new cv shaft boots too). I heard they are kinda a bitch to get just right though...too much and they leak, too little and the leak =[

I don't mess with CV boots, usually because the shafts break on mine before anything, the axles are too cheap to totally replace for me to bother.

$50 each at orielly with lifetime warranty ^.^

so with the 5 speed swap coming up (hopefully in the next month) I started thinking about shift lights and of course I cant go with something plain and simple so...

link to youtube (starts at 30sec) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGr74GoBlbw

I'm going to attempt something like this (with a mitsu emblem of course!) I just have no idea where to start so...maybe Wednesday or Thursday when I'm not at work I will start tearing apart my cluster to get a few ideas

found a vid on youtube where some guys just took apart the shift light and put the LED in behind the cluster (but that doesn't give any "shape") and have been looking up threads on the various gauges here too...idk what im going to do to make it work yet but who knows, should be a fun experience anyway :)
    Last edited by demond0d5; 06-24-2014 at 12:15 AM

Practicing my master Yoga poses!!!

Got the pedal hung though:

The clutch/brake are pretty close together so I'm going to get under there and adjust it Friday. My foot hits the clutch when braking sometimes, although I could learn to live with it if that's the best it'll get. Found myself "using" the clutch when driving to work and back today :p

Finally getting back to the bumper last Friday since the trans stuff was all in order

Then this weekend got this hunk-o-shit out of here

Idk why but I love this pic

Easiest way we found to solve this little deal

And viola! The only two 5spd 8g's in this area sitting all tall and mighty (except not really tall because well you know...lowered)

A huge special thanks to 6g72gearhead and his buddy for the massive amounts of patience, teaching, sweating, bleeding, cussing, and bullshitin that went along with this! Met some great guys and got some serious work done!

NICE, sooo...how was the first drive?
    00 Eclipse RS MT

First drive was awesome, after rebleeding the fluid line at least...then I noticed after a few times later that it was hanging up going into gear :(
    I swapped the brake pedal to the manual one today which shifted it more toward the gas pedal making it possible for me to unshim the clutch pedal. With that clutch unshimmed it moved right and up meaning I now have a longer movement and the clutch is disengaging more so all is perfect now!

totally worth it right? My clutch pedal got stiffer after driving it for a few days, keep your eye on the reservoir cup, I think I only had to add fluid once. Oh and I love how easy it is to do a burn out.
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Haha thanks for the heads up

I haven't tried lol, although I did smile like an idiot when I scratched second ^.^

Lol looks like you are having some fun! Nice to see one big update so I'm not wondering if you finished what you started lol. Very interested to see what the lancer bumper looks like on the G.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I do have a habit of starting something and loosing interest but not this time!

As far as the bumper, it's coming along. Idk that I will get it finished before school but it's almost all body work now and getting it smoothed over =D when I get a little closer I will put a picture up for an "overall" look before paint/final body work

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast