The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Demond0d5 Daily Driven Project

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 219
    Obx's? Just curious, have you started looking into correcting the fitment issues yet?
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Some say they fit without any issues (recently installed by someone on here) and others say they don't (like justin) but that was a while ago...I'm hoping they fit fine and if they don't I have everything it takes to weld stainless at the house so if I have to do some modifying I can...

What exactly is it that doesn't mount up right? All justin would say is they are crap and never gave any real examples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Well, if you check out the link I'll share at the end of this post, you'll see a good example of a set of obx's that I purchased about 2 months ago. Justin does a write-up on them that you may find informative, and quite frankly, it shows the personality that he posseses in real life. It's a good read and I hope it helps.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclip...they-said.html
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

read thru the review and a few things stuck out at me...do not get me wrong, I am not saying he is wrong by any means. I have not even had them near the car yet but I will be sure to take lots of pics when I do get working on it next week
    1) the set I have looks different than the one he had on top (yes I know it's the "old" ones but still, several things look different, not much but a little bit)
    2) the picture he has of the first section not lining up with the bottom section looks like the flex pipes could take care of that...there is a LOT of play with them

Thankfully I am going to be hacking away at that entire section anyway. I will be relocating the cat and everything right there for my valve...and IIRC the mig still has stainless in it anyway =D

edit: and BTW thank you very much for posting that, now I will have an idea if I do need to adjust stuff

Little update on Rose:

Friday night - drive over some railroad tracks and the exhaust decided to break all to hell. Broke in half right before the cat, right before my valve, right after the valve, and completely sheared a section before the axle upturn.

Buddy of mine brought out a jack the next morning so we could get the hangers hooked back up and used a ton of baling wire to secure it so I could get home.

Today - started undoing all the broke exhaust stuff and unbolting the exhaust manifolds. Here's my little setup since the sky was looking nasty

A comparison of the obx and oem piping; I will be doing my own review in a separate thread when it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    I got to my bolts from underneath and from up top, with that HUGE jack stand though I can see where getting the bolts from underneath will be a stretch for you. Get those heat shields off first, and be careful, I think they have sharp edges.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

went out today and got the rear manifold off in about 45 minutes...the PB blaster I hit the heat shield bolts with yesterday must have done something cuz it came off like she was new. Lost a nut for the headers so had to wait for a ride to the parts store. also got a good amount of the exhaust welded up in the basement, just gotta wait till tomorrow when I can finish it and put it all together! should be finishing mid afternoon =D

I will also be doing a review of the OBX headers once I'm done...but so far they really aren't nearly as bad as everyone makes them out to be...more to come on that in another thread at a later date/time though.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Looking good man, pb blast works wonders! PB blast with a few heat cycles works even better.

Also the fact that you are only at 90 some thousand miles helps as well.

How did things with the POR 15 working out for you? Also I know your lateral support beam is pretty thrashed, I might be able to get you one for really cheap if you want to replace it.

Good luck with getting it together man.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

If I get the time gonna por a bunch more stuff too...strut looks good though

Hopefully getting the final welds tonight for the exhaust system and be running tomorrow

Got the headers on, exhaust valve welded in, and fixing a few scattered leaks now!

I even happened to throw the supercharger in just for shits and giggles (didn't actually bolt it up) but damn is it tight in there! Rotated the outlet and I think I can run a FMIC pretty effectively =D

And I def think it looks good sitting in there

Sweet
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Update on the bumper now that in back home:
    Got the white oem bumper cut out from inside the lancer one:

Before:

After:

And started graphing them together on the I side to help add integrity:

Then another update towards the brembos...got the 17s for the rear on:

But little did I realize the 235's were too wide at my ride height and rubbed a hole in the airbags :,(

Gotta replace those and get smaller tires...I was running 215/50R16 before which is a diameter of 24.5 and a width of 8.46 so I am going to replace the tires with either a 215/40R17 d=23.8 w=8.46 or a 205/40R17 d=23.5 w=8.07 so that doesn't happen again...offset isn't printed on the 17's so I will have to measure it up when I get a chance and make sure those will work first

215 45 17 sir

Picked up some shiny new stuff...fix my toe issue now

Experienced TGC Member
    Nice dood , where did you pick those up from?

Megan racing rear control arms

Grabbed em off eBay cuz it's the easiest to find atuffb

As I recall there was some discussion about them a while back comparing them to oem...iirc they don't offer much advantage over the oem ones except the adjustments are on the arms instead of the eccentric washers...which I fucked all to hell a while back when the bolt froze in the arm and we had to try everything to get them out before just cutting it...

Experienced TGC Member
    I will have to get a set of those, it was a pain for me to do the alignment last time. Had to do some major pulling and pushing to get my toe dead on. Guess thats what happens when you do major suspension mods.

Will update whenever I get it in I will update and letcha y'all know how it goes =D

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast