The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need advice on 17x8.5 +38 offset

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Need advice on 17x8.5 +38 offset

Hi guys,

Does this size fit on an 8g without modifications? And if there is any what are those and also whats the best tires for this size.

Thanks in advance

chris

might be some info in here for ya, haven't read through the whole thing myself yet

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...D-10-18-2011**

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

From what I remember, those should be fine. And I ran 225/45 on mine.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Thanks for the response. Hey blackdragon, are yours stretch on 8.5? I want that stance so it looks a bit aggressive.

I had 7.5 I'm pretty sure. No means close to being stretched. But that's not my style anyway. Someone else will have to tell you if the 225 will fit on the 8.5 or not. I was just stating that those wheels should go on. Got a pic of them?

225 will fit a 8.5, I'm putting 225 on a 9. It won't looked stretched, mild stretch but not like some of these stance guys.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Guess it depends on how much your looking for. If you want it pretty stretched, might wanna try a 215

you cant have stance without any 'modifications'

youll need to roll your guards. lower the car ...and heck run a 235 to get somewhat flush with 8.5+38

See, I agree for the most part. I'm not a fan of stretched. I like wide tires and being flush.

Yeah, a mild stretched is what im aiming for. Ill soon purchase some coilovers and rolling the fender would not be an issue. Thanks for the response guys. How about some camber kits? Will i need some?

depends on the brand of tire also, Nexen runs wide, Continental, Goodyear, Michelin, Yokohama, and Kumho run skinny.