The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: double din dash kit????

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

double din dash kit????

Do they sell a double din dash kit for the 2001 galant?
    I just got a brand new kenwood double din and i want to put it into the galant but i dont want to have to fiberglass anything anymore.

They do not to my knowledge. It will have to be custom.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Nope. It's easy to make one though

I know its easy to customize it but the thing is i dont have the time to fiberglass or do anything like that anymore.
    My friend was arguing with me saying that scosche makes a kit for double dins and they sell for 125$ and its all plastic like OEM but he wont show me the link lol

Cuz he's talking out his ass. Theres no double din kit for these cars. Anyone who's got a double din customized theirs or found one one here from a member.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

thats what i told him and he swore up and down that they make one lol, i told him to call and ask because i know they dont make one, Ive had galants for years and ive never found one for these cars.

Yea, I also looked everywhere when I picked up my G to no avail... only thing I found was guides to fab your own

Lol, I got tired of having my double din sitting on my computer table and not in my car and i went out a while ago and installed it got everything hooked up my system bumping again, i cut the dash kit so the TV would fit and NOW i have to cut alot more and start fiberglassing the bezel to smooth things out, The bezel will stay like that for a little while until i get my bills sorted out again due to my vacation lol.
    Ill post pics up in a few its raining here.

I remember seeing one for sale a few months back, may still be around idk...

as far as making them have you done any fiber glassing before? if so it's nothing different, same techniques and materials.
    if not then its really pretty straight forward - remember when you used to use paper mache as a kid? its the exact same thing but for big boys! not sure of what the favorite method on here is but I was/am a big fan of using foam to mold what im working with, then just a few hundred hours of body work...take your time and it'll work out just fine

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!