The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Good aftermarket brake rotors?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Good aftermarket brake rotors?

Anyone find good aftermatket brake rotors that do not warp quickly? I have went through many sets of rotors and most seem to warp at around 15k to 20k miles. I have always kept a spare set and every time I swap them get the set cut but fewer and fewer places are cutting rotors any more and those that do charge almost as much as new rotors. Anyone found a brand that do not warp so easily?
    2002 ES, V6, 140K

R1 Concepts, a TGC vendor
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Or, you can adjust how you drive to keep TV (thickness variation) from happening. No matter what brand rotors you use, you can "warp" them (you're not warping them though, more on that later) if you do the wrong things.

Unless you are racing your car competitively or not correctly torquing your lug nuts, you are not actually warping your rotors, you are either braking in a fashion that causes some pad material to embed in the rotor, not bedding in your brakes when newly installed, or both. Read this link for more insight, since I started following this recommendation back in 2010, I haven't had any warped rotors.

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su...nd-other-myths

Hope this helps.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Are you sure they are warping? Are you sure it isnt pad transfer? Did you bed the pads when you first installed them? A lot of things come into play here.

Lol should have read Gregs post...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Learn how to drive. If you're warping rotors that fast you are the problem.

Get either OEM (the real deal dealership goods) or Centric premium. Although nothing will help you if you can't be nice to them. The only time I've ever seen either warp is after an obscene number of miles, a hung up caliper or a moron who can't drive and that's putting them on cars of all makes and models that see every level of employment.

I agree dealership or centric. I even had brembos but it's too much for a regular pad and unless carves faster or molded u don't need them

Anyone here try out the Power Stop rotors (#JBR966XPR) from rock auto? I have to do mine soon and I'm leaning towards these.