The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hep replacing stereo

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Hep replacing stereo

Hi guys I just got my 03 gtz and the left rear speaker just makes a staticy sound. A couple of people said that its probably the amp. I also want to replace the factory stereo. One person has suggested that I just buy a new head unit and bypass the amp. This is my first car so I really don't know what I'm doing. Would I just buy a new head unit and rewire all the speakers to the head unit? And if I buy a head unit, does it come with a harness already? And is there a specific head unit I need to get?

I replaced my head unit and bypassed the amp and it was a big pain in the ass wiring each individual wire. There's a harness you can buy to eliminate that. Also, check your speakers to see if there's a loose connection. If the noise continues after that, try wiring a speaker up in replace of that stock 6x9 and see if it emits clear sound. I'll post the link to the thread where someone mentioned the harness for the amp. Also for the head unit it's mostly preference, you can buy just about any single din and easily replace it, or go all out and get a double din and make some adjustments.