The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interior water leak HELP!

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Interior water leak HELP!

I originally had a water leak on the driver side, which I thought was due to an evaporation drain plug not having an exterior hose, I replaced it as well as sealed up the rubber grommet around it so water doesn't get back in whatsoever, replaced the carpet and then I saw no more leak. But now today with Floridas beautiful rainy weather, I have a huge puddle on the passenger side. When I take a turn I hear a puddle slushing around in my dash. Please help guys! What could it be???!
    Last edited by SNWFLK; 06-12-2014 at 02:46 PM

Just watched a pint literally drain out onto my carpet. Any pointers? Maybe a malfunction with windshied seal? Idk but if anyone can help id greatly appreciate it!

I may have sourced the leak. Not sure if it's the heater core or if maybe something is blocking from draining and pouring into my car. Still also convinced it's something allowing rain water to build up because it's a lot of water built up. Almost like someone poured a liter of it at least onto my passenger side area.

There's still a nice amount of water in there just dying for me to make a left turn.

heres what i see most of. spiders get into the evaporator drain hose and make a nest. when running the ac, condensation has no place to go and builds up in the core housing and when you make a turn, SWOOSH. out the vents onto your floor. the way i usually fix this is run the ac for a while(make sure theres tons of water in there), crawl under the car and use a compressed air nozzle to shoot up the drain tube. you might hear a pop kinda noise and then water will start rushing out. if it doesnt then that was not the issue and post back here and we can figure it out from there.

I stuck a wire hanger in the drain plug a while back and it seemed to somewhat help. I'm going to hit it with all I have tomorrow with the air hose and try to get a shop vac in there. Going to have to pull out the carpet and shampoo it cause it's brand new and I don't want it to smell like anus. I also have a small leak in my trunk coming from what looks to be the bottom right corner of the rear window (general area from inside the trunk). Fml

put a dehumidifier in there over night. thats what we do a the dealership i work at on the volvos that have the notorious sunroof drain issue.

Alright thanks I'll definitely do that. I shot air through the drain today and a puddle flowed out from it. No more leak inside I don't think, I'll try to upload a video. Still doesn't fix the problem so I'm not sure if there's something I need to seal under the grille part for my wipers or if I need to get all up in there, remove the dash etc, and try to clear whatever is in there, sticks, leaves or whatever it may be.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    YEARS ago I had water leaking into the cabin. My mechanic at the time took an air hose and blew out the drains in front of the windshield. I guess a ton of leaves were clogging up the drains, causing water to overflow and enter the cabin. Anyway I would try blowing out all the crud with an air hose, like you said.

I haven't taken off that plastic grille trim piece to get down near the firewall, but I'm sure I'll find something in there. Thanks guys

Bro i can stop buy of you like and give you a hand after work

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

I hope I somewhat eased the issue, my next step is cleaning the interior up so that I'll worry about but I do appreciate your help! Where are you located? I'm in orlando

Quote Originally Posted by SNWFLK View Post
    I hope I somewhat eased the issue, my next step is cleaning the interior up so that I'll worry about but I do appreciate your help! Where are you located? I'm in orlando
    ha im in the tampa bay area. i got confused with another member.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Bruh you offered lololol

what was it exactly?

Had one myself..mine was located where the passenger weather stripping on the windshield ends near the hood. Try popping the hood and spray water lightly around the pass side hood hinge..then pull your carpet back and see if you see water trickle down two the floor closest to the door. Good luck