The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Karma's Rice To Riches Build

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 89
    And months of looking and haggling I managed to order a Carbon Fiber Monster hood for 550$ shipped and what a day it was when this bad boy arrived in Mid August

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 07:42 AM

After looking around for a Auto Shop that dealh with custom work because my regular body guy didn't want to handle the carbon fiber and the modifications necessary for good fitment, I came across Ed Golden Customs in Upstate, NY. He does great work, and stays true to his customer. I stand by his work completely, and he did a great job installing the Monster hood. Everything was put together in a few days and I picked it up August 29th

After all of my updating to the car, I decided to take a little break to save up for a Winter Vacation, but I had to bring the car up to par for the long trip to Vermont. I got a new AC Compressor because mine was going bad, some new Cooper RS3A All Season Tires. I went from 205/50/17 to 215/50/17. The car was ready for the Great Snowboarding Weekend up in Vermont. Here's how she sat when we got back December 15th

After a little break, I landed on a gold mine of sorts. I found some pretty decent Evo 9 BBS wheels for 320$ on Craigslist. I Quickly shot over to New Jersey and picked them up. Even though they were a little beat up, I knew they would be able to be restored.

In the trunk on their way home

Driver Front

Passenger Front

Driver Rear

Passenger Rear

How She Sat
    Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 07:56 AM

Quote Originally Posted by BadderKarma View Post
    My Gas never goes up to the last bar, my Speedo drops weird when I come to a stop, and My temp is always right below half way rather than regularly center in the middle
    this is EXTREMELY easy to fix, just did it on mine when I uninstalled my reverse glows this week...all you have to do is pull the needle of and replace it where it should be at a known position...

speedo - with the car on going 0mph (stopped) put the needle back on UNDER that little stop. then lift it UP AND OVER the stop. im going to guess that you're about 9 mph off right??? that's what mine was anyway...it should fix it so youre right on

tach - pull the needle off and put it back with the car idling (could probably do it while its off too idk) but if you know youre normal idle then just put it there, otherwise try it while the car is off and put it at 0

temp - with the car warmed up put the needle on with is perfect horizontal (or whatever your normal temp says)

fuel - this is the most difficult IMO because you have to either be A) completely empty or B) completely full...leave the glass off for a week or whatever and next time youre at the pump wait until AFTER the needle climbs all the way back up then pull it off and put it wherever you want...I did just ABOVE the "F" line because my car always had like 1/8 tank before hitting "full"

I AM NOT A MECHINIC AND I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS WILL MESS ANYTHING UP but so far I have had no issues and I drive mine everyday. Do at your own risk but I personally see no reason why it should be harmful, that's why I did it XD hope this helps!

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    this is EXTREMELY easy to fix, just did it on mine when I uninstalled my reverse glows this week...all you have to do is pull the needle of and replace it where it should be at a known position...

speedo - with the car on going 0mph (stopped) put the needle back on UNDER that little stop. then lift it UP AND OVER the stop. im going to guess that you're about 9 mph off right??? that's what mine was anyway...it should fix it so youre right on

tach - pull the needle off and put it back with the car idling (could probably do it while its off too idk) but if you know youre normal idle then just put it there, otherwise try it while the car is off and put it at 0

temp - with the car warmed up put the needle on with is perfect horizontal (or whatever your normal temp says)

fuel - this is the most difficult IMO because you have to either be A) completely empty or B) completely full...leave the glass off for a week or whatever and next time youre at the pump wait until AFTER the needle climbs all the way back up then pull it off and put it wherever you want...I did just ABOVE the "F" line because my car always had like 1/8 tank before hitting "full"

I AM NOT A MECHINIC AND I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS WILL MESS ANYTHING UP but so far I have had no issues and I drive mine everyday. Do at your own risk but I personally see no reason why it should be harmful, that's why I did it XD hope this helps!

No it's only off by a little. It's actually hard to explain. It'll slow down to 0 then drop suddenly by 1MPH. it's weird

Oh, yeah mine would go to about 9 when I came to a stop then fall to 0 lol

I'm guessing I had just put the needles back wrong to begin with or bumped them or something idk but oh well, all better now XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

I picked up a JDM facelift bumper and New style side skirts from Dominican Republic in February to add to my JDM collection and the start of a mean makeover. I was so hype When I received everything in February, but of course nothing can go as planned. During shipment, because of his poor packaging I lost a bumper flare on the passenger side... So I did what I did best and used it as an excuse to get the complete fender flare set up :D But I had to go on a hunt

So I've had a almost complete Brembo swap laying around for a while. And I contacted Alex (SpdRcr, Chaotic) to powder coat my Brembos and rebuild them. This Brembo swap has to be the biggest job I've done and also the biggest pain in the ass with unnecessary set backs. After months of consulting Alex I finally shipped them off around January. I let Alex take his time being that I also needed time to gather funds, but after shipping off the calipers off he did a phenomenal job of rebuilding them and powder coating them Candy Orange for me. Shout Out to SpdRcr for his incredible work. This is a picture he sent me of them done March 11th

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 10:22 AM

While gathering the rest of my JDM goodies together I had to make space for this front bumper because my Landlord was being a pain in the ass and not allowing me to keep it in the unused garage. So I made it into a decoration lol

From late March leading into mid April I had been on the lookout for a complete 6 piece fender flare set because of the one missing bumper flare. On Facebook I had been apart of a European/Asian VR4 and Legnum group which was great because a lot of them had parts that we don't see everyday. In early April I ran across this guy parting out a Legnum in Ireland. After some talk I purchased the 6 piece fender flare set for 270$ shipped from Ireland. It took a little longer than expected because of weird shipping transfers and change of tracking numbers between countries but when I Picked these up March 13th I was ecstatic because my JDM list was getting ready for the big makeover.

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 10:27 AM

After doing some research, I finally decided that an Evo 9 wing would look really aggressive for the look that I'm going for and It finally came in March 25th

Unfortunately, it's slightly yellowed with some peeling clear coat in various places. I have been doing some research on how I may be able to sand and reclear but I don't want to damage the underlying carbon fiber weave

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 10:27 AM

I waited for a nice sunny day after receiving the wing and placed it on the trunk to see how it'd look and I fell in love after going from a tacky Ebay wing to a naked trunk to this.

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 10:28 AM

When finally receiving my calipers in the last days of March it opened up a new problem because due to Fed Ex's carelessness, the front passenger caliper had chipped paint -_- I know had to get into pursuing a claim and repairing the one caliper which is now much more difficult because the company changed the recipe of the powder and I would never be able to recreate the amazing Job that Alex had done.

On top of that I was strapped for time because Alex was moving his powder coating business and unfortunately I wasn't capable of making a decision I had to find someone else powder coat them a similar orange, which I was completely unhappy with -_-
    Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 11:09 AM

One thing about this build is for the most part, whenever I see a great deal I try to jump on it best I can. While I was delving into a JDM and Brembo swap. I happened to come by this guy parting out his 2003 Manual Eclipse, I showed him the part list I needed And I managed to snap everything I needed except for the 4 cylinder manual transmission for 280$ Shipped. When I've moved passed The JDM conversion and Brembo swap, I'll be very eager to finally make my car 5 speed, But this is how everything looked before shipment. It's been sitting in a box in my room since it arrived April 5th

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 11:16 AM

While I was handling the Caliper issues, I also came into some more JDM goodies. I don't have a time stamp for the Headlights, but I took a few pictures of everything that was getting ready to be thrown on to the car. All I needed was a JDM rear bumper and two new OEM fenders but those were in the process anyway

Now that my conversion is almost done, I contacted Keith Tau for the JDM bumper on RPMGarage and he sold it to me for 400$ Shipped, and I Picked up 2 New OEM fenders from OEM Mitsubishi website, Lucky for me they both arrived on April 24th Everything was ready!!

Thanks to Dion(Deeznutz) and Alex they let me know one last thing that was necessary for the swap being some extra bolts and washers, so I didn't hit the rotor. I quickly picked up some OEM bolts so they can be ready in time for everything

(I'm now getting closer to where I actually am in the build) Jesus, Now that I had almost everything I needed except for a few parts such as the highly regarded EGR visor, and a carbon fiber Liberal grille that Cali is making me; It was time to go back to Ed Golden Customs and bring all the parts so that he could take a look at the work load and start prepping parts. I don't know how I did it but I managed to fit absolutely every part into the car with little struggle. May 5th, so close to the big makeover

When I dropped everything off to Ed, he recommended me to a Powdercoater/Wheel guy who does good work. This is when I met Brian of Neutron Coatings, Here we talked about fixing the very beat up wheels powder coating them a midnight blue, which I thought would go well with the undisclosed paint job and, trying to color match the damaged caliper or powder coat all 4 calipers over. He's a very easy going guy who does very nice work

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast