The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Karma's Rice To Riches Build

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 89
    While the parts were getting prepped, I had to save a little more funds for the JDM conversion and Powdercoating job, I started working on a long annoying problem. When I did my JDM side mirror swap, the viewpoint of the passenger side mirror from the driver's seat sucked. Some recommended convex mirrors and others said that I would just have to deal with it. While one guy told me of a swap he underwent and It made the RHD powder folding mirrors LHD and why I had there is a bad viewpoint to begin with. He purchased Non power folding mirrors from LHD Germany and swapped the Head of the German mirror with the Base of the Japanese mirror. The end product is LHD Powerfolding mirrors. I was looking forward to the second project I took on myself, it was super simple as well. When these bad boys arrived May 25th I was excited, and the nice Germans even gave me candy lol. These were Easy to pick up from Ebay.De

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 01:01 PM

The whole little project took me about 35 minutes and I was excited to finally be able to see out of my passenger side mirror with no issues.

The big day is almost here, while the parts are almost ready I was worried that the chrome trims throughout the car would clash with the future paint job. This is where I was told about DE trims for the lining underneath the window, which I am now in search of. I was also informed of how the upper trim slides right off and this is where I undertook my 3rd and most recent project taking off those horrifically ugly chrome trims lol

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-03-2014 at 01:21 PM

(This is where things start to get hot)

Now dropping the car off, with my calipers and new Hellahorns for an aggressive look. June 2nd, hopefully to have it back by June 19th to surprise Monika but things didn't work out. As always

Being that Bryan needed to steal my Evo 9's so he could repair them, He asked a buddy if he could borrow a set of his wheels. So for the time being my car was sitting on a pair of wheels from a 900 WHP Drag Evo while Ed was doing what he does best. I was so proud of my car :')

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-04-2014 at 07:38 AM

Dude, I'm soo jealous! Looking good!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

duddeee. you're killin em! lovin this build!
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

After some time, Ed sends me some pictures of progress. He threw in a lot of extra effort to bring the car to like new condition

While Ed was giving the car some much needed TLC, Bryan and I were looking for the perfect color to go with the scheme that I wanted. Before I even dropped the car off I let Bryan know That I was looking for a color similar to the 350z San Marino Blue

This is the color than Bryan had found for me

Being that I found nothing better for the time being I let him know that I wasn't completely in love with it but it's not too bad either. He let me know that it's much darker in person and that he didn't really prep the can so I don't have anything to worry about, so I trusted him.
    Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-04-2014 at 07:52 AM

Soon thereafter Ed let me know that There was a really bad warp in the rear bumper. Not like a dent or crack but just a noticeable warp that would be even more noticeable with the paint job that I was going for so I gave him the okay to fix it up. He said it wasn't easy but it was looking new when he was done

Wheels getting nice and toastyyyyyy

While the car was getting prepped and the wheels were getting cooked, I was thinking to myself that I am going to hate absolutely any kind of chrome that is on the car. The under window trim was one, and my old ugly rusty lug nuts were another. Alex and I had a conversation a while back where he showed me how Tuner and Aftermarket Lugs can't be ran on OEM BBS wheels which put a damper on my plans because I had just bought the Skunk Matte Black Lug nuts. So months ago when I cancelled that order I went to Ebay and found the Holy Grail of Lug Nuts. And I picked them up as soon as I saw them for an arm and a leg.

Back to Ed's masterpiece in the making, when he took the fenders off he told me of rust and damage to the frame area underneath the fender due to an accident. Back to when I bought the car, I was assured that the car was in no accidents and there was a clean Car Fax to match. As soon as I took it to my uncle he showed me every sign that the car was in a front and rear end collision and it pissed me off, But back to Ed. He said he can get rid of the rust and paint the entire front nose for a little bit extra than what we agreed upon so I let him get to work, and like always... He did a great job

While everything was going on I found the perfect blue, just the right amount of sheen, glossy and dark blue.

Unfortunately Bryan was already done

I had told him how it looked incredibly light and I don't think I was happy with the overall outcome and he reassured me at least 8 times that it came out really light and that I would need to see it in person. I was freaking out because I felt like all of the set backs with the car and the wheels not being perfect that everything was going to be a waste of time. I was the equivalent to a Bride right before her wedding. With things going wrong in my personal life along with this, shit started to suck.

A few days later the fenders were on and Ed was looking into the best way we would be able to do the side skirts and the fender flares

He showed me a couple of places where it didn't line up and how it sat without being 3M taped on and he said to give him some time to figure out an idea

A few hours later he came up with a design for rivets that go through the fender providing a machined look to add to the paint job and to insure that the fender flare doesn't fly off, this was his design

Last edited by BadderKarma; 07-17-2014 at 11:16 PM

While Ed was finishing up the car, we go back to Bryan. After days of trying to recreate the job that Alex had done to the one damaged caliper, we decided that we would simply just redo all 4 calipers a similar orange, and later that night this is was Bryan had done

The wheels looked much darker than previous pictures and the calipers were very well done. Bryan had done some great work bringing my parts from what they were to what they are now. You've haven't even seen the HellaHorns yet as well.

Well after my expected date of June 19th the car was almost ready. After paint Ed was telling me of how aggressive the car was starting to look. Being that Bryan was done, he dropped off the wheels and calipers and Ed put the wheels back onto the car for a 95% finished look.

Please Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself!

The next day I came to pick it up, and Ed was just throwing on the finishing touches. Being that Ed is quite the distance from my house, my friend Jessica gave me a ride and left me drive her 2013 Mercedes C300 which was a great experience in itself but When I got there I was so excited that everything was finally together. Months of preparation for this one moment in time. I was in a rush because I had to be somewhere later than night, but everything came together beautifully.

Later on that week I thought after a year of having them it was time to do the more simple portion of the Brembo swap. It was the best time as well being that the car was put together so well with the Satin Black Paint Job and The Pearl Night Blue Powder Coated wheels. So I went to my uncles shop as always to raise the car an inch and install my Brembo calipers

Before:

During:

Completed!!!:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast