The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tony's 9G customization

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48

Tony's 9G customization

Ok So I starting my 9G customization thread, I put most of this in the new member thread. I figured I should move it here so as I start to customize the car. Here is what she looks like right now:

Front view
    [IMG][/IMG]

Side View
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here is what is coming:

Purchased hopefully be installed by end of June
    Thule Ski rack
    Aftermarket Stereo (DVD/CD/Sirius/Nav)
    Tires and Rims (Katana K121 18X8 5X100 5x114.3 +35 Black Regamaster EVO STYLE JDM)
    Lugs (D1 Spec 'Latest Design' Racing Aluminum Wheel/lug Nut 20pcs (M12 X 1.5) Rose Red)

Next
    Calipers painted
    Front Upper grill removed and painted black (to include diamond badge)
    Rear badges (except triple diamond) removed
    Rear diamond badge painted black
    Dash clock and radio display removed (want to install 3 gauges, any suggestions)
    Short Ram or Cold Air intake
    Cross drilled and slotted Rotors

Any other suggestions?

Ok rims came in, I do not like the sticker on the lip. I think I am going to powder coat the lip red.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ski Rack is on the car, just waiting for the fairing (arrives on Friday). Once it arrives I will post picks of the completed system.

Not had at all. Just curious, but is the ski rack just for looks or will it be put to use? I have seen some cars with ski racks that aren't for use and didn't really know it was a thing now. Lol

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

My Ski rack is for use, it is for my bike and my skies.

That's cool.

Ok so the new deck is installed (with the parking brake bi-pass).
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here is the Ski rack without the fairing.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Can't wait to see it with those wheels one!

TGC Lifetime Patron Colombianbigloc0's Avatar
    Looking great bro. I would suggest an Injen short ram intake, slotted rotors and brakes from StopTech or PowerStop (not drilled) and eyelids would add a great look. Question for you though, was the ski rack hard to install? I was thinking of getting it for my mountain bikes.

Dragon:

The wheels will be on next week, I have to wait for the lug nuts to arrive.

Colombian:

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought StopTech rotors on Gen 2 Integra but never installed them (still sitting in my basement). I am thinking about going with the Weapon R Secret Weapon. The Ski rack was really easy to install, the directions were a little off about the distance between the footings. It took me about 20 minutes to install after I got the footings on the bars.

Ok, so I picked up a new Valve cover a exhaust manifold heat shield. I am going to powder coat them both to make the engine bay look nicer. I am thinking about doing the valve cover red and the writing chrome and the heat shield chrome. Any suggestions?

So I removed the upper front grill so I can paint it. My question is if anyone knows: The plastic shield behind the upper grill can I remove it completely and leave it off? If that shield is removed it would increase the airflow into the engine. I am installing a short ram tomorrow and that increase the amount of air getting in.

Ok, so I finished the ski rack. The fairing cuts down on the wind resistance and noise. I swapped out all of the interior bulbs with red multi light LEDs. Installed LEDs in the front and back floor boards.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I removed the upper grill and painted it flat black. It turned out pretty good but after it dried it started to flake off. So I am going to pull it off again and have professionally painted along with the rear badge (thinking about doing the badges red and the chrome strip on the upper grill)
    [IMG][/IMG]

you need to scuff it up real good or sand it before you paint it.

I am going to hit the grill with a pressor washer to remove the first try. The next attempt I am going to sand it down a little to give the next try a better surface. I am going to try to plastic dip it for the second attempt. What do you guys think should I stay with flat black for the badge or go with red instead?

Ok today was a good day of installs:

Step 1: JBL 6x9s in the rear and JBL 6.5s in the front
    [IMG][/IMG]

Step 2: Tanabe upper strut bar
    [IMG][/IMG]

Step 3: Weapon R short ram intake
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

Sounds good and looks good:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tonight I will be plastic dipping the front grille because painting didn't work! I had LEDs installed in all of the floor boards so it glows red, wired to a separate switch. Hopefully the wheels will be on monday.

[IMG][/IMG]

So the plastic dip worked-ish. I think because of the humidity here it doesn't let stuff bond the right way. Good thing it is going to the body shop to get blasted, primer and then paint on Tuesday.

So after installing the short ram my stupid check engine light stays on. I have to take it to the dealer to get the chip reprogrammed for the increased air intake. Later today I am taking it to get the red radiator hoses installed, coolant flush and a tune-up. After all that is done and the engine is cooled off I will be replacing the black wire covers in the engine bay to red covers.

Take the car to autozone they can read the code for you. Did you unplugged the battery when you put on the new intake?
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

No I left the battery connected when I installed the intake. Thanks I will be going to Autozone right now.

You shouldn't have to have the "chip reprogrammed". Not for just an intake. Have the code read and go from there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast