The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tony's 9G customization

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    So I got the code read at Auto zone and it came back as P0172 and P0175. I ask the kid what can I do to fix it and he said: "Um mm I just know how to run this thing, I hate cars."

Those are "Rich" codes as in more fuel than air.

You can try cleaning the the MAF and TB and disconnecting the battery while you do that to reset the pcm. Then hope the codes don't return. I doubt its the intake.

The next step would be O2 sensors followed by injectors and FPR. Start with whats free to least expensive to most expensive.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Ok so I was getting my new hoses installed so I figured I would un plug the battery and bleed all the juice so the computer would reset. So far the check engine light hasn't come back on. Here is what the engine looks like right now with the new hoses.

[IMG][/IMG]

Plus the grille looks good with the Ralliart badge.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Did you do the hose install? Hopefully you didn't pay to have it done.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Me and a friend of mine installed them. It was pretty easy to knock out.

DAMN IT, those stupid lights just came on again and the car sputtering!

A/F mixture is definitely off.

Yep, I unplugged the battery and applied the brakes to bleed all stored power. I removed the MAF and I am using MAF cleaner. Hopefully that will get me to the dealership get this thing running right.

An open air intake shouldn't need a reflash, but stranger things have happened.
    Could have caused a problem with the MAF when you unplugged it with the battery connected.

Not sure how I could of messed it up, I unplugged it and set it to the side so I didn't mess it up. I am going to drive it around a few times to test it tomorrow.

Unplugging it with power connected.

Ok here is the answer according to the dealership (there was a sick EVO there, the owner drove it with out the intake and jacked up the engine):

Traction Control Lights: I have a bad sensor that needs to be replaced.
    Fix it plan: 80.00 for new sensors, installing the fog lights at the same time.

Check Engine Light: When the fans kick on it force extra air into the short ram intake.
    Fix it plan: I am going to use the stock intake box and modify it to go around the short ram.

I have never heard anyone else have that problem with the intake. So weird!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

I haven't either, I figure when I get back from vacation I am going to use my old intake box. I figure if I use the old scoop and box and take off the tube from the intake to box. The short ram should fit between the box and intake manifold. The scoop and the lower intake box should provide enough fresh air to the short ram. I am going to cut the top of the box off so the filter is not hidden.

Shouldn't the MAF, seeing this change, prompt the fuel system to correct for the difference in air?

I thought that was what the MAF was for, so I will just have to fabricate a cool box that will block the radiator fans. I am also going to put the shield back on the upper grille to see if that works.

Found a guy in town that will plastic dip my whole car. So I am going to go with matte black, should I do the badges red or black (I am going to powder coat the new rims red)?

So I took the car to the dealership to see why the traction control lights keep coming on. They said I had a bad sensor and ordered a new one. After they charged me a damn arm and a leg (2 hour shop fee) to put the thing in the lights still come on. I hate to say it but the dealership has there heads up their own asses. 300.00 and my check engine light and traction control light still come on. Might have to make a trip to Bloomington to the North American HQ of Mitsubishi.

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I installed the DC sports CAI on my 4g and didn't have any issues. Do you know of anyone else that has the weaponR with these issues?
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast