The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Assistance on my exhuast Por Favor!

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    TGC Lifetime Patron Colombianbigloc0's Avatar

Assistance on my exhuast Por Favor!

Alright ladies nd gents, so ive been reading through all the exhaust threads and i just wanna ask yall if we can come with the best type of exhaust for the 9g. I got an 07DE, and wanna make it sound better than the stock sound. I would like something that mounts on the same as what i have maybe a few welds in there for the muffler tip or something. Cuz all i see is mostly ralliart exhaust and im not entirely sure if everything mounts or looks the same. Would appreciate the help cuz im slowly making it the best looking and hopefully sounding 9g galant in Queens. Thanks in advance.

I got a 2.5in DC sports exhaust for an Integra off craigslist for 20$ (Score!). Hacked it up. Welded in the muffler and the almost S bend to smooth out the right angles in our otherwise fantastic exhaust system.
    Also had to weld on muffler exhaust hangers to pass inspection.
    Sounds just slightly ricey n raspy with gutted cats but if you have a real header or still have your cats its quite smooth and nice sounding for a "can" style straight through muffler.
    You really don't need a 3 inch pipe for our engines unless they are under more than very mild boost and there was noticeable gains throughout the rpm band from gutted main cats or headers and this exhaust. Lots of torque gained down low and the car launches much nicer. Also noticeable HP gains in the 4000+ rpm range. I would recommend sticking to 2.5-2.75 unless your going forced induction.
    Hope this helps!

Also, Im diggin the eyelids. I have some myself but they are black plasti-dip right now cuz I had it on hand and it can be removed easily when I get the real paint. Was the factory paint job difficult to match? and where did you get your paint and clear coat from? I have an 04 ES in ultra pearl red and I cant find the factory paint for a reasonable price anywhere.

@spectre420 :

The eyelids when i bought em were a bit off from the factory paint job so i had to take it to my local mechanic who does awesome body work and paint on imports so he was able to match it pretty well. You got ur eyelids from autokitsx or w/e their name is right?

And as far as the exhaust, i would like something made for the galant that mounts on the same or similar to what we have. I was lookin at the Borla muffler tip but not sure if that'll be enough to get the sound im looking for.

Nah as I said earlier I sprayed them on with plasti-dip to see how they would look. Autokitsx is way to expensive for me. 120$ for some eyelids? come on. Granted the quality looks top notch.
    I doubt that a muffler tip will give you the sound you seem to want or give you a sound change much at all. Now if you replaced the entire muffler with a Borla, (axle back exhaust) I bet you will be satisfied.

Also don't be afraid to get any muffler than you think sounds good instead of ones that are made for the G.
    If you don't have the tools to weld yourself, most muffler shops will weld in that pipe and hangers for under 60$.

oh right now i see what you did. But i do suggest you get the eyelids from those guys for best results. It adds a great look bro. But if you just want the color match, try going to those small autobody shops cuz sometimes they have tons of different paint just laying around, they can give you some for a decent price i bet. when i had my lids REpainted dude just charged me 50 bucks which wasn't much.

Yea i didnt mean to say tip. I want something that gives me a nice growl. not sure if i would have to change out my whole exhaust which i am willing to do if its easy to mount, cuz like a said i dont mind if i would just have to weld the muffler on to the pipe. You see what im saying?

Axle back muffler of your choice + headers+ highflow cat + resonator + smoothing out the right angles in our exhaust with curved pipes/cat back exhaust + stage 1/2 cam regrind + ECU tune and it will be a hell of a nice growl.
    I would start with the muffler n go from there. If your trying to get loud with this exhaust you will not only gain performance and fuel economy from headers but it will be a lot louder without those giant cats. I believe eclipse 4g (06+) exhaust kits fit our car but they need a few extra inches of pipe welded in to make up for the length differences of our cars.

I think i might be going with a resonator delete, Borla muffler exhaust and injen short ram. Hopefully that sounds and looks good. If anyone has any more suggestions more than welcome to chime in.

Please post photos and sound when ur finished, I'm having a hard time making a final decision on my GTZ right now.... i haven't been able to find a whole lotta sound clips online...

Quote Originally Posted by melwood513 View Post
    Please post photos and sound when ur finished, I'm having a hard time making a final decision on my GTZ right now.... i haven't been able to find a whole lotta sound clips online...
    Bro, this is actually a vid of Brent Ralliart 9g. He did what im planning todo. Only difference is hes got 6cyl. But the sound is top notch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ufw_V8hOPA
    Last edited by Colombianbigloc0; 06-28-2014 at 06:19 PM

There is no video link... just sayin

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    There is no video link... just sayin

Edited the post. Thanks for the heads up bro. LoL

Seen that Vid a lot. Still sexy. I'll have to see if I can find the other one I like.

Mitsubishi Galant 2007 Ralliart: http://youtu.be/llHDHPymRAE

Nice..... i liked the second gear chirp too, lol

Borla Ftw

9g Baby!

FirstWHIP9gen
    Dont forget about magnaflow

This is my next big upgrade for my G also ( 4G69) so make sure to post some clips. I'm thinking about straight piping to a bigb style muffler or multi-chambered muffler as long as it's not raspy. Gotta love trying to figure out what exhaust you want lol! Good luck bro