The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Add another to the "totaled" list....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 63
    They offered me $3600 today. I would have spit in his face, except I didn't see him in person.
    That's way below what I'm taking.
    Let the battle begin.

Damn, I got $4900 for mine back in 2011, it was a 2003 ES 4-cyl. with 171000 miles. I was satisfied.

Go for yours, fam. Good luck!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

The best part about today is that he sent me the documentation I asked for (showing me what kind of methods they used for comparing my vehicle to others), and he also had the balls to send me the paperwork to sign to accept his first offer. I promptly declined that.
    Maybe I'll show him this thread, and let him know what these cars are really worth. I've never been so pissed off in my entire life.

Dude idk I KBB searched my value and if I got more than $3k I'd be happy. Granted mine may be a little different, I have no potential buyers and I put mine up for sale a couple of weeks ago.

Stand your ground. Mine blue booked barely 6,000.00. And i was able to get 8,000. They don't go off of blue book. ACV is different, they have to find at least 3 comparable vehicles and what they are selling for as certified pre-owned at a DEALERSHIP. And dealership cost is much higher than private owned. They were only able to find one GTZ for sale within 150 miles radius of here.

Well, she came home today. Settlement isn't over, but they're not paying for any more storage at the place it was parked, and I sure as hell wasn't letting them take it to their "approved storage location" which he wouldn't tell me the address of. I refuse to release control of the vehicle. So it's sitting in my driveway, all sad looking. The outside cats were so happy to see it again, though. They love the hood.
    Girlfriend took a few more pics of the damage, I would inspect it more, but I was on my way to work as it was on its way home. I'll be doing some inspection to see what all is damaged on it, and potentially consider repairing it. I've found a '99 4cyl car on Craigslist with a bad alternator for $900, which I'll probably be picking up as a temporary car until I know more.
    Additionally, does anyone have any feedback on this radiator support? It's really cheap... how bad does that mean it is? I've never had to buy one of these things.
    http://smile.amazon.com/Replacement-...diator+support

DEJA VU.... same thing I went through and i sent my husband an email as soon as she was dropped off that said.."look at her all sad looking on the side yard" holy shit.. creeping me out dude...LMAO!

I just found out that the tow truck driver that arrived on scene of the accident actually caused front end damage on mine dragging her up on the flat bed with the chain wrapped around the support and through the lower bumper! I am pissed off! I gotta pay for that shit....

Lololol.
    I hate seeing her like this. I'm not the crying type, but it makes me want to. That car did a lot to get me where I am today. Without it I would still be stuck in a shitty job, losing money on a rental property. Now I'm doing better, but it's not the same. At least she's here, now.

Quote Originally Posted by melwood513 View Post
    I just found out that the tow truck driver that arrived on scene of the accident actually caused front end damage on mine dragging her up on the flat bed with the chain wrapped around the support and through the lower bumper! I am pissed off! I gotta pay for that shit....

I'd go after the tow truck company for that one. You NEVER pull a car from that point.

So.... You're keeping it!?

I'd fix it, but you guys know me lol. Nothing dies easy on my end.

Very cheap Rad support! Can't believe they are floating around on amazon.
    Last edited by keith6110; 07-02-2014 at 04:39 AM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

The driver prolly just saw it as a total, thinking it wouldnt matter. Damn.
    Radiator support, Yeah... maybe we can get a 2fer! ;)

Lol. They do only have two left!
    As far as fixing it, that is a good question. MAYBE as of right now. I'm buying it back, either way. I'm going to pull the rad support out the southern way, pull the panels off of the front, pull the dash, and see what's broken and what's not. If the chassis is indeed bent beyond just the rad support, I'll write it off. But I'm not sure. The doors both open correctly. Normally on a car with rail damage, one opens into the fender.

V6 might be tougher, but considering you can buy another for a couple g notes it's prolly the best move. Swap parts and ready to roll.... my rad support seems to be center peice only pulled out a little. Wonder if I can just bend that back in a bit.....
    Last edited by melwood513; 07-02-2014 at 08:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by melwood513 View Post
    V6 might be tougher, but considering you can buy another for a couple g notes it's prolly the best move. Swap parts and ready to roll.... my rad support seems to be center peice only pulled out a little. Wonder if I can just bend that back in a bit.....
    Hell, cars with small problems can be had for peanuts here. Which is why I love the deep south. "Blown head gaskets" are usually bad thermostats.
    I honestly will end up buying the 4cyl car either way, just because it's cheap, and we need another useful car in the family, and it might get some use as a parts hauler, I drove a truck today and HATED it.
    I'm cheap, and buy broken cars. The Galant is the only thing I've ever actually paid more than $1,500 for. So I will try to save it, and buy a daily beater so I can actually build her the way I wanted to.
    You could probably bend it back in, but being on the safe side, I'd replace it. Bends are weakness.

Good point.... shit... cha ching cha ching... endless! U don't even want to know what I paid for mine, lol, I'm married to it for sure...

I officially want to murder everyone employed by Nationwide Insurance EXCEPT one individual.
    I'm so ready to be done tomorrow. They're making me an offer tomorrow and I have to take it because I don't have a choice. I need another running vehicle and I can't afford to wait anymore. They're not paying for the rental car past the 9th.
    Remind me to kill myself next time I get in an accident.

How much they offering you?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

$3300 and some change.
    Only way I could get more would be to see if my insurance would value it higher and have them pursue Nationwide.
    Which hey, by the way, makes my insurance go up. Which I can't afford at the moment.
    It pisses me off. My receipts actually helped a good bit, if I were letting the car go. But I'm not. I can't afford to. That bullshit ratchet strap & Wood screw job? Probably gonna have to drive around on that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast