The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Add another to the "totaled" list....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 63
    I "totaled" mine a month or so ago and got her back up and running within a weekend all I need now Is some paint...

Go for it! I want to see her brought back to life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice.... i cant wait till mine is done. It took time cutting the entire rear quarter panel off and molding the new one in.

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out any better than it did. My insurance company told me the same line of crap about differences in the valuation depending on when I chose to do let her go or keep her. Fortunately I had time to argue that their system was BS and values value no matter what my decision or the outcome would be. Like I said it was a long hard battle but I did have the time and it was well worth it. Started at 4 and got double that plus my 3,000 CPE.
    INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE CROOKED AS HELL.

She's coming back soon.
    I don't normally name cars, but keep on the lookout for "Deja Vu"

Nice... i love it! Lol

Hey dude glad your ok. To me that's always been the most important part of an accident is that everyone is ok. I hate when insurance companies total cars because they don't give you crap for them and they always try to come up with different BS reasons to deduct from the amount. The bad news is that for most of us with 8gs and below, parts are stopped from being produced after 10 year. If they then can't get new parts from Mitsubishi or a third party manufacturer, they then start getting used ones because that's all they can find. The problem is especially bad for GTZ owners due to limited production and used parts are even less available. I had mine repaired a year ago and the shop found out they couldn't just get general Galant parts and put them on a GTZ. They could only get used parts from Wisconsin and Michigan because new GTZ parts were no longer available. I live in Illinois so imagine the delay.

So don't be sad. Get your insurance money and buy yourself a nice newer car and enjoy.

Absolutely right about the GTZ availability. I got sooo lucky, able to locate only 1 rear end assembly in the entire state, had they not found that one left, my cost went up almost 500.00 and i would have been waiting a while also. Such a cool little car though, and I must say, I was in a pretty good collision and i came out with just a bump on the head and that was because I had no seatbelt on....no airbags deployed though, not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by 154james View Post
    I "totaled" mine a month or so ago and got her back up and running within a weekend all I need now Is some paint...

Go for it! I want to see her brought back to life!

What size bit/hole saw did you use to drill the welds? Might do that this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by melwood513 View Post
    Absolutely right about the GTZ availability. I got sooo lucky, able to locate only 1 rear end assembly in the entire state, had they not found that one left, my cost went up almost 500.00 and i would have been waiting a while also. Such a cool little car though, and I must say, I was in a pretty good collision and i came out with just a bump on the head and that was because I had no seatbelt on....no airbags deployed though, not sure why.
    My airbags didn't deploy either, and they really should have. Makes me wonder if there's a defect with these cars.

My airbags went off when I crashed but it was a much harsher hit. This didn't seem that bad to be honest.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    What size bit/hole saw did you use to drill the welds? Might do that this weekend.
    I used 5/16 spot weld driller if you pm me I'll send you the extra brand new one I have!

Quote Originally Posted by 154james View Post
    I used 5/16 spot weld driller if you pm me I'll send you the extra brand new one I have!

What! You're awesome. PMing you.

She's back.

We ran the dragon this weekend. She's fully alive folks.
    Also, meet my wife. We got married last Monday.

Awesome man congrats! I don't think the dragon is too far from me. I'm in the pigeon forge gatlinburg area of the mountains
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Quote Originally Posted by XsinshineX View Post
    Awesome man congrats! I don't think the dragon is too far from me. I'm in the pigeon forge gatlinburg area of the mountains
    Yeah man, I was actually up there this week. Stayed in Pigeon Forge all week then did the dragon before going home Sunday. I was actually trying to get on here and get a hold of you while I was up there. Internet on my phone didn't want to work right though... I don't know if you remember, but I got that pre-facelift VR4 fiberglass bumper from you like 2 years ago.

I remember, well if you get back my way again most definitely give me a shout would love to hang out
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Experienced TGC Member
    Congrats on the marriage. And glad to hear you are ok and brought Deja vu back..

Quote Originally Posted by XsinshineX View Post
    I remember, well if you get back my way again most definitely give me a shout would love to hang out
    I plan on going back up to the dragon in September to do a meet with the Volvo guys. If you're around Labor Day weekend you could definitely meet up with us and hang out. Did you ever decide whether or not to go back to a stock hood?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Congrats on the marriage. And glad to hear you are ok and brought Deja vu back..
    Thank you sir. Wouldn't have been able to do it without her. She wouldn't let her lay in the back yard broken any longer.

Congratulations on your marriage and bringing the car back to life!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast