The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4 parts that work with 3.0 trans

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

2.4 parts that work with 3.0 trans

the only manual 3g eclipse I can find around here at the yards is ONE 2.4, everything else is auto...and I cant find shit on craigslist either (in this area)

I've been looking around and nobody really says which parts from the 2.4 will work on the 3.0 as far as the 5 speed swap is concerned, they just happen to have found a 3g with a f5m51. I've already stolen pedals/shiftertower/etc (all the basic stuff) but I cannot find an intermediate axle anywhere for a v6. I kinda doubt they are the same but does anyone happen to know for certain if the 2.4 axle will work?

and we think the 2.4 linkages will work but does anyone have any experience with that as well?

all I really need left is the axle, cables, and fluid stuff like reservoir and what not but I can grab those from the 2.4 when I go back this weekend...If there is a thread (that's still active!) that I missed feel free to post a link/title/name/etc as I can read, just cant find anything to read

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

you can use the shifter, cables, pedals, clutch master

what wont work it clutch slave, trans and trans mounts
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Yeah and see I have all that stuff now except cables but I will go grab them tomorrow, thanks for the info thus far but still need to know about the intermediate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update, turns out the 2.4 doesn't have an intermediate axle so that's a no go anyway

Was wondering how long it would take you to figure that out.

Good news is once I/we get all this info compiled we can have a new parts list thread...most of them I find are 404'ed or send you to some other website (.net I think?)

Plus, a list with pictures would be nice for all the people like me that don't know what some of this shit is. Build threads are great but a shopping list is a little hard to come by