The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bad news

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Bad news

So I come home to find my relay harness from my hid kit that I just received yesterday from ddm tuning was chewed up by my gf dog. He completely chewed off the wire that connects to the positive terminal...everything else is unharmed. I know a lot of people don't even bother with the harnesses as you don't need it but it seems the only people who has longevity with hids use one. So what I'm asking is

should I try to fix the broken connection?

Order another from ddm which is only 10 bucks plus 20 bucks in shipping

Or could I just get harness from some where else? Would it be compatible?

Really bummed out. I'm definitely going to connect em without it anyway but I do wanna eventually run then with the harness

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

is there any wire left to solder or use a crimp connector and then seal it up with heat shrink?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Picture would help. An upclose and full harness image.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Ddm is local to me, they got lifetime warranty on their kits, I wouldn't be surprised if you just call them and they send you another one for free.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Picture would help. An upclose and full harness image.

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    is there any wire left to solder or use a crimp connector and then seal it up with heat shrink?
    check the pics out...im not really sure because one of the sides are cut really close

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    Ddm is local to me, they got lifetime warranty on their kits, I wouldn't be surprised if you just call them and they send you another one for free.
    the price of the part isnt really that big of a deal...the harness is only 10 bucks...but when I bought the kit it was 21 dollars to ship and took forever to ship since it came from China. It would be great if they could just ship me one from California, that should be faster and cheaper

You can solder that no problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You can solder that no problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Seeing as I don't have any tools for that it would probably be cheaper just to replace right?

It's up to you man, if your willing to spend about that to get the soldering iron and solder, then do it. If not, just replace it.

It's up to you man, if your willing to spend about that to get the soldering iron and solder, then do it. If not, just replace it.
    I called ddm and they told me they have the harness on hand in California so I wouldnt have to pay the $21 shipping from china, it would only be $7 shipping for a total of $17 and only take a few days

Cut that fuse off, and put a new one on. Parts store 5 bucks.

Experienced TGC Member
    Depin the wire from the connector and take it to radio shack and match the pin with a longer lead solder the two , shrink wrap.. all done 5$ fix and a little patience. Or cut the other side and get another fuse and viola.