The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 07 Galant GTS Summer of Upgrades ~5 things to focus/ask to stay busy this week

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

07 Galant GTS Summer of Upgrades ~5 things to focus/ask to stay busy this week

*Quick post before bed *What's up guys, been around the forums awhile and now own my third galant, an 07 GTS. Sadly been busy with college to invest money into her initially, but now with summer work that isn't a problem. Been really busy with her, and I'm just feelin out for some opinions since all what I have done has been done. Sort of Story time of what I've been doing and soon to be, I'll update with pictures later at some point next week. Driving back and forth to college have brought her up to 111k miles :(, so if I should be worried about any maintenance before I go back to college let me know!

(1. : Intake) *Problem?* First, I made a quick short ram intake. Unfortunately even after resetting the ECU to attempt the system to get used to the new parameters, it's throwing a CEL / TCL(occasionally). Maybe smaller filter lol, also put back that snorkel at the front which is making direct contact??

(2. : Stance) Got a good deal on these 19 inch rims, which leaves me to question if I should save up and just drop the G after I buy some new rubber. Seen a lot of people having issues especially with the rear tucking with lowering springs.

(3. : Brakes + Shiny Lug Nuts)Also snaggged these new rotors, which hopefully are decent along with either NRG Series 400 or some Muteki 12x1.5 long tunner lugs black.

http://www.amazon.com/Max-KT040121-S...+Galant+Rotors

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...n8001215bk.jpg

(4. Custom Straight Pipe?)Also my buddy owns an automotive hot rod shop and asked if I wanted anything done to the exhaust (Already have a DC Sports Muffler 3.5"); was thinking of deleteing res/third cat with straight pipe to something like a magnaflow or borla if you guys have any recommendations on size. Was originally going to juist get ebay catback with muffler.

(5. ECU Adjustment?) Will I have to get a piggy back system or send the ECU to get flashed by someone on the forum who can do it? Really can't be down my daily driver to get to work and back for to long; also this seems to be pretty pricey?

*Bonus* My friend surprised me with his own 07 galant after getting rid of his impreza, except red which is actually pretty nice, just needs tint.
    Last edited by galant_09_sport_4cyl; 06-25-2014 at 11:54 PM

07Galant_GTS
    Gonna post some updates for what I've done with the 9g gts soon to come.
    Last edited by 07Galant_GTS; 07-05-2014 at 03:23 PM

07Galant_GTS
    *Update* Picked up some new rubber right after this picture, and looking good in the back at least; the front is still showing a lot of gap with 225/40/19 tires on. Putting on the new rotors/ceramic pads on tomorrow, so will clean up a bit more!