The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Melwood513 ' s '03 GTZ Revival

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 132
    A lot of you have asked me to post pictures of my GTZ and her progress since the accident. Well here it goes...

April 2nd (probably one of the worst days of my life)...

My trunk kit blew apart, and my rear crossmember actually snapped and sway bar bent to shit behind the wheel on the driver side which i think is what saved the frame.

Finally after a long battle with the insurance company I have her picked up on May 2nd and taken to the body shop

They quickly start cutting her up

After about 3 weeks they start putting her back together

Of course I wasn't gonna let her go into the shop and not come out without a few upgrades

Vogtland coils to give her a 1- 2" drop (recommended by TGC members)
    KYB Excel G's all around
    New headlights in clear and black
    N1 muffler with 4" slant tip
    HPS cold air intake
    Set of Helo 18" BLACK rims
    Black carpet kit
    2 Fosgate 3001 NIB amps
    Set of 6.5 fosgate components with tweeters
    All new wiring and components for system (all fosgate)
    Kenwood KDC X598 head unit
    GT 1 farad digital power cap
    Red spark plug wires and iridium NGK plugs
    All new LED's for both interior (-the dash) and exterior.
    OEM front bumper (couldn't afford the JDM this round)

Let me know what u think so far of my upgrade choices and which way you would have gone with it....
    Last edited by melwood513; 07-01-2014 at 10:37 AM

You got pics of everything on the car now?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

The last pic I posted was the last time I was there. Supposed to be done early next week. I'll update the post next time I see her.

Here are a couple of before pics...

I didn't get any pics of the trunk kit complete before I got plowed by a camry.. :(

Here is SOME Of the new equipment..

I'm trying to get the trunk kit ready before she's done over there, I'll be gutting her as soon as she gets here to do the interior and the trunk.

It is starting to look a lot like Christmas in my garage lol.

Minus the busted up speaker boxes in the front...

I just realized after reading through this forum and thousands of post that this stay not have been the best place to post this thread. It appears that I am waaaaay out of my league here. LOL! Sorry about that...

What do you mean? Your rebuild its looking great.

Most would of just total the car with the damage you sustained. You just got up and repaired it as if nothing ever happened let alone start a build thread. If that's considered out of your league then I don't know what is. You're doing fine.

Yeah man... and you seem like you have some pretty sold plans for it too. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

You're fine Mel, keep the progress coming! I love to see the dedication to the platform, makes me wanna keep moving forward with mines.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You guys make it sound like it was an easy decision..... Don't get me wrong I lost sleep trying to decide where u wanted to go with this.... I had at least 15 different people come look at it, all experience and/or certified mechanics and honestly a couple of them did tell me to let it go. But the majority of them, said she was straight and although probably not the best financial decision, with only 70,000 miles and as well maintained as she was I wasn't ready to throw her away.
    Last edited by melwood513; 07-06-2014 at 12:11 AM

Oh trust me man... we understand. Mine was everything to me. Still hurts today that I let it go and it was 3 hrs ago. Wish I never did. Keep us posted on updates! Can't wait to see it come together

Thanks BlackDragon and You should do that Wetamup... if the outcome would make you happy.. then proceed my friend, proceed.... and G-Spot, I know I'm in over my head...lmao!! Putting more money into a car than what it's worth..... thanks guys!

Nice job Mel, I can't wait to see the car when it has all the new goodies
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Thanks for posting this. It makes me feel a LOT better about mine.
    Hopefully mine can be saved. I'll know more after tomorrow.

You have their estimate right ? The actual break down of the repairs from their shop.. I would start reaching out to shops who do free mobile estimates and get em out there. They will always try to beat the estimate you have, it could give you a little leverage with the insurance company if you get a few to come in way under by showing a possible wrongful TL, which is irreversible, but more importantly will give you a better idea of what you're looking at and help you make the final decision on buying her back or just letting her go. You can always start stripping your parts off of her now.. I know it sucks but it's a good thing to be prepared for the worst.

Well. Just got back from the shop... it's painted. Will go back together next week I guess

Thinking ill head down there with some dynamat this week while that's nice and open... save me some time and effort when she comes home

are you getting different taillights? I think some tinted oem tails would match the car nice

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by melwood513 View Post
    Are they going to get the door trim for the GTZ?
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 07-02-2014 at 09:00 PM
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

actually, I still have my OEM taillights and sent them with her to the shop, they're going to tint them for me, ;). And yeah I tripped when I saw that door to go but they did get the GTZ moldings for it, lol

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast