The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Melwood513 ' s '03 GTZ Revival

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 132
    I need some input please.. I'm trying to get my Amps mounted and my boxes done before car comes home, my dilemma is I WANT SOME TRUNK SPACE, I've gone over this several times and what seems to be killing me is the trunk hinge swing clearance.

Ideally I would like to keep 12's behind taillights, Amps mounted to back wall ( don't laugh at my roughs, lol!)

But I'm afraid if I can't get my Vb to 1.2 I'm going to have to do something like this.

Any ideas? I searched the threads and aside from glassing, which is impossible without car here, I don't see anything.

I think your last sketch might work the best, leaves you more room to put bigger items in, plus I find I get more output to the cabin when I fire to the rear (though I run a ported box). I have a 2.0 cubic ft box in that same space between the wheel wells and I can shift it left or right about five or so inches and still be good, so I think you can fit two 1.2's back there. Hope this helps, the rebuild is looking amazing!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Thanks! I will get started on it today...

Hey wetamup did u ever try that deadskin recommendation? If so how did it work for u?

I just got back from the body shop with some concerning news let me ask you guys if they put a rear and underneath my car without ABS break package then it is not a GTZ rear end .....correct????

99% sure its not. Most if not all GTZ cars had ABS. But they could swap in your knuckles and sway bar to make it right.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing except the knuckle is one of the things that snapped... he walked me over said "here's ur old one" I flat asked if he got a GTZ rear end, he said yes....
    So I just need to watch for the aluminum knuckles and the thicker swaybar.... correct? I thought it was odd that of all the estimates I got this place was the only one who located a local GTZ rear end....
    Being a female I have found I don't get taken too seriously when it comes to this type of shit.....

Visually you can't spot the thickness of the sway bars. The knuckle isn't aluminum its the same thing but its got a hole for the abs sensor. I cant tell that is not a GTZ rear subframe because there's a drum sitting on the floor. GTZs all came with the rear disc brakes. I wouldn't give them a hard time because it really doesn't matter, as long as they use your sway bar and knuckles to bolt up the disc brake assembly you'll be ok. Also your disc brakes will bolt into the drum knuckle but when it comes to putting the abs sensor they won't have a spot for it.

Thank you so much... i appreciate the input. I plan on picking up an eibach kit anyways so I guess I'm good... he said he was waiting on the pieces to show up with the hole for the ABS, but your confirmation holds much more weight ....

I like to think I know these cars well, I don't know the most out of anyone on these boards but I now these cars better than I know myself at times. So I can confidently confirm that only knuckles and re-use of the sway bar is needed to turn that rear subframe into a GTZ. I hope your car comes along well and good luck with your build. I PM'd check your inbox.

Thanks! So far so good, body work looks amazing, this is the only hiccup so far. I can't wait to get her home, I have a lot of work to do once she gets here. To include attempting the tune up on my own, lol. I hear it's a pain in the ass since the top end has to come down to get to the rear plugs. Guess I'll find out soon enough... The rest should be fun, carpet kit, new stereo system, cold air, interior remodel... hopefully it cools down a little soon. 115 is kinda rough to work in!

Ok, she's home.... here is how she sits so far...

The tails will be tinted this week and new stereo system put in. I will keep u all posted.... just wanted to say.... SHE'S ALMOST DONE!! YAAAAY!!

Looks good...love seeing Gs murdered out

Looking good Mel, nice and shiny!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Thanks guys... working on speaker boxes now... damn it's hot out here...lol

Looks great!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Finally a car that doesn't look like total shit. I like the ruby tails on the black, way better than night shaded IMO.

Looking good, sits nice

Well, got her home and gutted the interior to install the new carpet kit, run new wiring and swap out the stock infinity speakers and head unit. What a project this turned out to be! Coming together, but alot of work still left to do!
    Before

During, lol!

After! Happy with carpet kit even though wasn't exactly a "Direct fit" as described.

happy with how the center console came out as well. It looks much better inside the car then it did out, i was worried for a minute!
    Before

After

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast