The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Melwood513 ' s '03 GTZ Revival

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 132
    The tweets were a pain in the ass and alot of plastic was shaved, but they r in and behind the stock pods. The 6.5" were slightly small and i had to use rings, forgot to take pic before replacing panels.

Added a few more LEDs, the door pockets/ floorboards/ underbody are all on wireless remote giving me just enough light as i walk up and get in. It's nice not haveing the bright ass led dome lighting up when doors open displaying all of my interior goodies for the world around me to see..The less ppl know what's in it the lower my chances are it will get stolen around here! Finally, a light in my glove box too, u think mitsubishi would have had that covered...

The kenwood was fairly easy to install, I integrated with the tips I picked up here from the members and it worked out perfectly, (thanks to everyone for the help with that) the infinity amp is still powering all mids and the fosgate in the trunk handles the rest!
    Thinking about just replacing the infinity 6 disc with a dvd player to fill the gap once this useless equipment is removed. Gonna look into headrest monitors.. any opinions or reviews appreciated

Good work.

I have infinity components in front, the tweeters are behind the pod as well but I didn't have to cut anything. I see you are using the rings that get used to do flush mounts (cut a round hole and mount the rear ring from behind to screw in to the front one). I think if you had separated the tweeter from the the rings you wouldn't have had to trim anything. To be completely honest the way mine mount is using the strength of the magnet to stick to the metal bracket, sits just right and doesn't move. Nonetheless it looks great, especially the carpet.

Thanks Vic! Not bad for a girl huh ;)
    I did try without the rings but ended up going this route after some frustration, lol. i wasnt sure which way to go with it, now wishing I would have hit u up and asked before I did it, lol, it worked out though. I'm still working on the tune up today, ALOT harder than anticipated, once I finish I will post under hood pics.

Yea! 'Very' "not bad" for a girl. I applaud you, looking at your Kenwood, its missing the trim, do you have it?

I know it won't stay.

Look at my write up, it's my way of getting it to stick:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=49719

LOL, exactly, figured I'd mess with it when I button everything else up. Your awesome Vic, Thanks!

Experienced TGC Member
    All I have to saw is WOW!! Very nice come back. Glad you didnt give up on the car. Looks awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by melwood513 View Post
    Added a few more LEDs, the door pockets/ floorboards/ underbody are all on wireless remote giving me just enough light as i walk up and get in. It's nice not haveing the bright ass led dome lighting up when doors open displaying all of my interior goodies for the world around me to see..The less ppl know what's in it the lower my chances are it will get stolen around here!
    1st, I really like the door pockets and was wondering how they would look illuminated. 2nd, my thoughts exactly on concerns of privacy when I*switched to*led bulbs for my dome and map lights.

Funny thing is I would like slightly brighter leds but not at the cost of added attention lol.

Some months back I bought some some cob led strips as accent lighting for my floor, and anticipating them to be kinda dim I had it wired so they stayed on with the headlights. Boy was I wrong lol. Even aimed at the floor under the dash, you could make out my face in the dark. Never even made it out the driveway that night before I unhooked them, and uninstalled next day lol.

Just buy a few nice Tablets instead of headrest monitors, safer, removable, and you can hook them up wifi or bluetooth!

Just came across this thread, she's beautiful!!!

I had a the same thing happen to my old G. Ambulance hit my car on a snowy day and I had to replace the quarter as well.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

That turned out perfect, she looks good.

Thanks juice, still not as nice as urs..lol

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Real smooth

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Just buy a few nice Tablets instead of headrest monitors, safer, removable, and you can hook them up wifi or bluetooth!
    I'm digging the tablet idea...

So, I got one for u guys. I had an issue with the rear drivers side fender lip sitting on the tire. The body shop actually delivered car this way. I drove it 1/2 a block and knew something was seriously wrong. So they took the car back and i picked it up a week later and the issue seemed to be resolved, but the tire clearance to the outer edge of the fender was still noticeably different from the passenger side. Drivers side u cannot run your hand along top of tire but passenger u can.
    Now that I've been driving it for a minute, the clearance is has changed and is almost completely gone again on the drivers side, I'll be taking her back to the shop but do you guys have any idea what could possibly be going on?

maybe where the suspension pieces connect to the car, during the accident they might have been pushed a few millimeters out of place
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

you got hit on one side and they replaced the whole rear subframe right? Did they replace both rear knuckles or just one? If they replaced just the damaged one, I could see that worn out suspension bushings could cause this, one side being used more that the other side, or more miles at least. Thats what I'm going with, worn out bushings.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

They replaced the entire rear crossmember with all components and actually had to order a set of rear knuckles because the ones that came on the replacement crossmember did not have the abs holes in them. In other words it did not come off a gtz I guess. Actually grinder the fender down a little today on the inner lip and it is STILL rubbing when I hit a bump.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    1st, I really like the door pockets and was wondering how they would look illuminated. 2nd, my thoughts exactly on concerns of privacy when I*switched to*led bulbs for my dome and map lights.

Funny thing is I would like slightly brighter leds but not at the cost of added attention lol.

Some months back I bought some some cob led strips as accent lighting for my floor, and anticipating them to be kinda dim I had it wired so they stayed on with the headlights. Boy was I wrong lol. Even aimed at the floor under the dash, you could make out my face in the dark. Never even made it out the driveway that night before I unhooked them, and uninstalled next day lol.
    I went with the weatherproof flexible led strips and mounted them up under the dash facing down and way under the front seats so just the floorboards are illuminated. I ran them to a fused distribution block thats mounted under my center console that's powered straight off my battery so I can switch them on and off any time I want and the nice thing about the LEDs vs the neons I took out is the 3 amp draw is so low I can leave them on overnight if I wish without killing my battery.

I have two more switches and a remote bass knob I still need to mount somewhere. Just not sure where yet.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast