The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Melwood513 ' s '03 GTZ Revival

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Showing results 121 to 132 of 132
    Just junk yard it. Go to a pick and pull and try and find one that is in pretty good shape.

Anybody have a shot of their stock GTZ rear end from this angle?? Would love to see it. Preferrably passenger side but either will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Did someone recently remove your sway bar?

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks bent.

This is before it was repaired, other side was hit towards rear, slightly different angle but here is after.....

Good eye ;) . I was actually told damage didn't extend past mid crossmember, they were replacing entire crossmember assembly so wasn't worried anyways... Trying to get visual of non-wrrcked stock GTZ rear to see the stance difference.

Quote Originally Posted by melwood513 View Post
    This is before it was repaired, other side was hit towards rear, slightly different angle but here is after.....

Good eye ;) . I was actually told damage didn't extend past mid crossmember, they were replacing entire crossmember assembly so wasn't worried anyways... Trying to get visual of non-wrrcked stock GTZ rear to see the stance difference.

Notice anything odd about crossmember where, I believe its, the trailing arm, connects?

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks like welding was done on the cross member where the lower control arm mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Looks like welding was done on the cross member where the lower control arm mounts.
    THANK YOU! I was having problems with rear end moving... The gaps above wheels would change from side to side. One day sitting on drivers tire, next the passengers, they swore it was nothing and that the new springs I provided were the problem. Thankfully you guys aske me to take these pics to post to help trouble shoot the problem, because when I took it to shop they said they checked it out and it was fine, well they let me see and it had all been painted black under there! I'm still having issues with rear, once she comes back from paint I will be getting under there and going after shop. My only worry is I'm having a hard time finding Even used gtz rear ends.. Let alone local

Experienced TGC Member
    The suspension parts are all basically the same. Lots of G in my local yard.

I do need to come see you soon for sure. Lol. Thanks Coconut, I have gathered some info over the course of the last few months and would love some verification.

Experienced TGC Member
    Any time.

GTZ rear control arms are different.

Mel, I've got a few GTZs in my local yards. Tell me what you need/want and we will make a deal.
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567