The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fully Dipped Car in Anthracite Grey

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Fully Dipped Car in Anthracite Grey

So this is partially an update thread, but we've redone my Plastidip with 1 Gallon of True Metallic Anthracite Gray mixed with the Stormcloud Grey Candy Dip Pearls and two base gallons of Gunmetal gray on my peeling Gunmetal Gray original dip. Very happy with the results, wish I had bought two gallons of the Anthracite Grey. Moral to the story don't use Xylene and spray outside in the direct sunlight on a really hot and bright day.

This is right after we redid the plastidip.

Here are some before and after comparisons

At a Team Mitsu GLR Meet after a good waxing with Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax

Right after a bath and a wax this time with Meguair's Ultimate Quik Wax.

Ok, That is awesome. I am getting mine done 2 Aug. I am undecided on the red or black badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Armycoug View Post
    Ok, That is awesome. I am getting mine done 2 Aug. I am undecided on the red or black badges.
    I had mine in black the first time we did it with my darkened gunmetal dip. I liked them, but it was a really subtle effect with the darkened gunmetal, in some light you really couldn't see much of a difference in color. So I decided to just test the red on the rear one first, as it dried I really liked it so I decided to do both. I'm planning on doing center caps on my wheels in red at some point too, just have to paint my calipers and probably replace a tire first.

I have Black Katana 5 spokes I am putting on when I get back from vacation. They have a red decal on the lip that I am going to remove and have them powder coated red. Center caps would really set them off. How do you like the Ralliart head lights?

So this is plastidip with color added to it?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Armycoug View Post
    I have Black Katana 5 spokes I am putting on when I get back from vacation. They have a red decal on the lip that I am going to remove and have them powder coated red. Center caps would really set them off. How do you like the Ralliart head lights?
    Yeah I need to do some more brake work first or else I end up taking the dip off because my lug nuts are inside of the wheel. Just did the calipers, gotta replace the pads on them as well just didn't wanna mess up the finish when I was doing that. Those headlights are actually stock for the Galant GTS as well, mine is a 2004. They are awesome, look really good and the one on my driver's side is new from an accident a year or two ago, my bumper is new too because of that. The only issue I have is with the passenger side one yellow/hazing over. My other friend restored it for me while we were masking it for this dip touchup but its already starting to haze again. It just sucks that you can't get it new for less than $250 anywhere and the used ones I've seen cost that much or more and they are sometimes hazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    So this is plastidip with color added to it?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Yes, its using DipYourCar's approved Dip Pearl Additives. We did two touch-up/base coats of Gunmetal Gray; then used 2 bags of their Stormcloud Grey Candy Pearl (https://www.dipyourcar.com/Stormclou...-Metallic.html) with one gallon of the Anthracite Grey True Metallic RDS.