The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Drip molding clip and temperature gauge not working

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Drip molding clip and temperature gauge not working

Greetings fellas! New here, just trying to fix my dad's Galant! First of all, his temperature gauge isn't working. Everytime you switch the ignition to "ON" the gauge needle would just jump straight to the middle (optimal operating temperature) regardless if it's first thing in the morning or cold weather. I have already changed the temp sensor (#19 in this picture) and the thermostat a year or two ago (I tried fixing this issue a while back). No bueno, still the same. Also the radiator fan does not run automatically even after leaving the engine running for a while, though it will turn on when you turn the AC on. AC should be on all the time just to be safe that the fan is working.

Second, I need molding drip clips! When I removed the molding drip, there were only 2 kinds of clips, for the front/rear windshield and the roof. On mitsubishi online parts, they have 10 different clips to choose from?! Here's the link. Which ones do I need?

Thanks!

I see the picture links to a 2003, I could be wrong but I think the 2002 and 2003 have two temp sensors???? If that's true then replace the other one

this link might help with the fan issue:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...on-(explained)
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I don't know where the other is, I think I have changed both already if im not mistaken.

How about the clips? hehe

You should get a wiring diagram for the tempa guage. When I get a chance ill get one from work and give you some trouble shooting tips if you want. Off the top of my head I dont really know what to have you do first.
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........