The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Virbrating

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Virbrating

My car vibrates when in idle, i replace my motor mounts with the poly one it only vibrate in idle or stopped in drive..everything in the inside shakes...i have a 03 es
    Sent from my LG-MS695 using Tapatalk 2
    daliy galant es 5 speed in the making

That's normal when you replace all the mounts

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I did the poly urthane motor mounts and my dash was vibrating like crazy.. they're good for performance off the line and all but the OEM rubber mounts will absorb the engine vibration.. TO help with the vibration..if your in a stop or red light just put it in neutral...it wont vibrate as much...
    wise up or stand down

I was afraid of vibrations when I do mine, but then im like wait im 5speed already so at a light I will be in neutral or have the clutch down! 5spd for the win!

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Idk why, but I just read the title for this and busted up laughing. It got me for some reason. Lol

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Lol ok thanks

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I used to have all 4 prothane inserts but the vibration was unbearable to me at stop lights, so I left the oem one on the rear and its worlds better.

4g64T 5spd

I love this forum, getting ready to replace my motor mounts and having this info before-hand is awesome. The fact that other members are readily willing to take time from their day to offer up assistance and advice speaks volumes about the people here. I've been to others for other vehicles and it's been my experience so far that no other forum has members as cool as this one or are as dedicated to both their vehicles or forum, if they r not asking a question themselves you dont hear from them or they can ne rude and respond as though your ignorant. So I just wanted to take a second to say THANK YOU TGC! I wish i would have became an official member years ago! (Not sure where I should have posted that, lol)

I agree. And on most other forums they don't like to talk about their builds cause they want to be the only one running their setup where this forum is about the improvement and love of the cars and encourage shared info. I love this site. Hell, I don't even have my 8g any more and I'm still a member that posts daily.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

True

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    That's normal when you replace all the mounts

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    i know this is 3-4 months old.. but you say its normal when you replace all 4? is it normal when you replace all 4 with rubber also? i have the same issue..except i replaced all 4 with rubber mounts...they are more solid rubber mounts..meaning the voids arent as big as the factory mounts..
    do rubber mounts have a "break in/set time" ?

if they are new oem they shouldn't be vibrating at all honestly. if they aren't oem I wouldn't know how much they are vibrating. Does it go away in the higher rpm.

ps doesn't matter if the thread is old, you bumped an old thread which tells me you searched. and that is highly respectable around here. props to you

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

ive been a member since june..this is only maybe my 6th post because a search usually answers my questions. the vibration is in park..or while in gear stopped...sometimes it purrs..its worse when cold. it has a new iac sensor. there is also a metal on metal kinda sound when accelerating..like a ting that i thought was a heat shield vibrating..but i cant find it. im losing interest in the car fast because of all these little gremlins..

ive also looked at my harmonic balancer..it seem to be fine..looks good..no play of any kind..

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    if they are new oem they shouldn't be vibrating at all honestly. if they aren't oem I wouldn't know how much they are vibrating. Does it go away in the higher rpm.

ps doesn't matter if the thread is old, you bumped an old thread which tells me you searched. and that is highly respectable around here. props to you
    common vac leak area on these cars? 2003 es
    Last edited by Voodoo; 11-21-2014 at 09:28 AM

Experienced TGC Member
    I ran AutoZone mounts for no more than than a week and went back to oe.I recently did the two small mounts and most of the vibration went away,about to do the one by the coolant bottle (front mount next ) and hope that takes care of the rest of the vibration,its driving me crazy,hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I ran AutoZone mounts for no more than than a week and went back to oe.I recently did the two small mounts and most of the vibration went away,about to do the one by the coolant bottle (front mount next ) and hope that takes care of the rest of the vibration,its driving me crazy,hope this helps.
    Crazy thing..today it ran likr a dream.. no crazy vibrations.. smooth running.. all this during tornados..
    Im leaning toward coil packs. I did new plugs and wires..but didnt do coils a few month back...

I was thinking of replacing mine to fix the vibrations and I am glad someone researched this post.

I have been on this site for a while and don't post much but don't ask someone to delete, that's why we have moderators. We value members input so their knowledge helps others and posting "delete" is a waste on many levels. That's why some people value TGC above other forums.
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by atish25 View Post
    I was thinking of replacing mine to fix the vibrations and I am glad someone researched this post.

I have been on this site for a while and don't post much but don't ask someone to delete, that's why we have moderators. We value members input so their knowledge helps others and posting "delete" is a waste on many levels. That's why some people value TGC above other forums.
    What? It was a post that was submitted twice..i was trying delete it but it wouldnt let me.. if you wasted that much time reading it..sorry? It was for the moderators..

You were thinking of replacing your what? Coil packs? How bad are your vibrations?
    Last edited by Voodoo; 11-21-2014 at 09:29 AM

Cleaned up the thread a bit. As Galantman03 said, I'm glad to see he searched before simply opening up a new thread. Good work N4aRush