The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94-97 Accord Mirror Install Questions

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

94-97 Accord Mirror Install Questions

Hello all,

After viewing the thread by g-spot on the install I figured that I would try it myself. I ordered some koolvue mirrors on ebay and they arrived today. I have a few questions for those who have done the install,

How did you sand down the plastic to let the mirror sit flush? - Did you remove the screw, sand the plastic, then reinsert the screw? Did you have to drill the plastic deeper for the screw to fit back in or did you sand down the end of the screw?

Here's a picture of the koolvue mirror, I understand that I have to sand down the plastic so that the screw can sit deeper in the plastic for the mirror to fit flush.
    Last edited by Color; 07-26-2014 at 10:59 PM Reason: wording

you don't have to sand anything for those type. just measure the drill points, drill holes, and install

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    you don't have to sand anything for those type. just measure the drill points, drill holes, and install
    Hey g-spot,

Thanks for the reply. I drilled the holes for the mirror and installed them but it would not sit flush. Here's a picture from yesterday,

After reading your post, I put on the rubber backing and tightened up the nuts and here's how it looks now,

Still not flush, but better than yesterday!

Just another question for you, or anyone for that matter. Did you make the original tweeter bracket fit back on or is there something else I can do?