The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cleaning Block

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Cleaning Block

Cleaned my block with carb cleaner and razor blades, went over it with a green scotchpad from the dollar store. Plan on taping the block holes as well

real simple question are the old outline from my gasket suppose to be there or do they need to be removed as well?

If so 400 grit sand paper?
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

heads up i've already checked the other thread questions was never answered btw

If you use anything other than a scotch brite pad you'll need to get the block resurfaced entirely. That surface is more than clean enough for a new gasket so long as you haven't removed any material from the block itself.

You could always use denatured alcohol and coffee filters to clean it up more probably.
    But long as there is no material left over your fine slapping another one on there and calling it a day.
    It doesn't need to be all shiny.

Silvertune's right if you even rest a piece of sand paper on it better make plans with a machine shop to get it resurfaced cause it won't ever seal right until you do.
    It may last a little while but eventually it'll blow.
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

roger that thanks for the advice,i'll just clean the threads out and install the new gasket from here