The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cost of Lowering

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Cost of Lowering

Soo I was shopping around locally on how much it would cost to get my struts and springs installed and the cheapest price I've heard so far is $375 including alignment... I know a lot of people have did there own but I'm just not that confident in my mechanical abilities...does $375 sound about right?

Sounds reasonable. If you know a friend that can do the install while you assist then it could get it even cheaper.

just get coilovers, install is easy peasy to do yourself
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Sounds like he has all ready purchased the strut's/spring's

what are they charging per hour?

I say do it yourself, they come out relatively easy enough, i have no person experience in compressing the spring's for a re-install tho

As most members who have lowered their own vehicle would say, lower it yourself. Since your not confident in your abilities, you have to take it to a garage. Price depends on the region imo. I doubt the labor rate here in jersey would be the same as greg in bmore or vic out in California.

Keep searching around till you've exhausted all your options then look back at who has the most to offer in the same price range as the others.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Thanks for the input....Im already doing what Carl said btw lol

375 aint that bad. If you think about it most high end garages labor rate is about 95 an hour and an
    aligment is around 75 with about an hour labor so now you have 3 hrs left for the job, about 45 minutes a
    corner. Most people take all day to do this job without an alignment and still have trouble with rusted bolts on endlinks, removing
    nuts from the piston rods etc.

My opinion is if you want it done right the first time shop around for prices like what was said before and
    a shop that actually does aftermarket mods. You would be surprise how many repair shops can miss something like
    cutting a bumpstop because theyve never done this before.

Goodluck