The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: huge problem

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

huge problem

so when i was going to work my car overheated on the highway. (i was late for work an was going 80-90) so i put it in neutral and coasted to the exit by the time i got there the heat gage went back down, so i continued to work and then i hear some type of clickingish noize (hard to explain the noize) when i press the gas. next my oil light will start flickering. i pull in to work an my car stalls out. so i try to turn it over to see if it will start an it cranked 2 time real slow and would not start. so i went in to work. and on my lunch brake i went out an bought some oil. but after i bought it i checked the oil and it was plenty full (this was about 3-4 h of cooling down) so i tryed to start it an it started an ran no problem. so after work i drove home (about 15m drive on the highway) once i got off the highway heading home the noize ageing and i almost got to my parking spot an it died. it was smoking a lot out of the engine coming from the front bottom.

need help ASAP please

so i took it to midas and it has a blown head gasket. so most likely i will be selling it if anyone is interested. im in dayton ohio

I am sorry to hear that, from both your post i kinda got the feeling it was blown(my del sol went out that way) the overheating is precursor to you lifting the heads. if you got it early and no cracks then it can be saved, if you don't have steam coming out of exhaust or water in the oil yet.

no nothing is coming out of the exhaust. but i don't have the time to fix it myself nor the money to have it repaired. it really sucks so like i said if any one wants it let me know, and i will give you more info and pics of it.