The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GalantDreamer build/project

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

GalantDreamer build/project

I have been a member for awhile but have been hiding in the shadows reading and trying to learn as much as my simple mind will tolerate. I have just recently paid of the G and have decided that it is time to do some work to her. I am not a mechanic by any means. I have several friends that are and I rebuild engines with them. But that is more of them telling me "Put that piece on and torque it down to this setting".... "OKAY!!!" lol

With my brother getting another Galant on Monday (I believe this will be his 3rd. Shhhhh.... I didn't say anything about him being a dumbass and selling the others lol) I have decided that I am going to start a thread on the process that I am doing. I had an idea of what I wanted to do but I have recently decided to look into a few build threads and I got to say m-rod is my hero lol.

There is some basic mechanical issues I need to fix before modding which are cracked radiator, alignment issues, o2 sensors, and some other minor stuff. Mainly trying to figure out how to do the major work with the G being my only vehicle and daily driver.

I will be the first to admit that I am not very bright sometimes so please if I ask a dumb question just direct me to the answer. I speak a lot before thinking and it gets me into a lot of trouble. Hope to get things moving right along.

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Pictures of the car will be added Monday sometime when I have time.

About time!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Here some pics from when I first got her. More Monday of just the little work I have done.

Okay, so I have been purchasing parts to fix my car. She has been parked for a couple of weeks cause she wont idle when in gear. I have replaced the IAC sensor once and will be replacing it again under the lifetime warranty. I have also purchased TPS sensor, a factory radiator, NGK spark plugs and NGK wires. Before I install the parts on to my car I have one more thing to fix. The heat has quit working in my car and now the air has too. The fan works when the heat or air are turned on but doesn't blow hot or cold. I have tried charging the air but to no effect. I am looking at purchasing a heater control motor. My main question is do yall recommend me purchasing anything else that might need to be replaced? I do spend a lot of time in my car as it is 100 miles daily drive to take my daughter to school.

I have been and still am reading through all the old threads about the heater to gain knowledge but knowing some of the best parts to replace will help to buying so I can replace them soon. Thanks for all the help.

Can anyone else chime in on this?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!