The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with stereo install

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Help with stereo install

Hey, just made an account and im having stereo trouvle. I got a kenwood BT652U and i bought a harness adapter for my car (99 galant ES) and found wiring instructions online. I tried it myself at first just twisting the wires and using electric tape tried it but it didnt work. Then I asked my dad for help and he undid every wire and found a few wrong ones but then he spliced the wires further, twisted them better, and used heat shrink tubing. I got a wire from best buy for the ground so i can nail it into metal on the car. I used the same racks from the stock radio and nailed in the ground to the rack on the left that you nail in to hold the radio up. Everything is connected but it wont turn on. In the process my dome lights no longer work and my door locks only work when the car is on, making the lock system useless.
    I could really use some help.

In the process of this attempted install you blew the fuse(s) in a yellow box in the underhood fusebox. Change it out and if your connections are right you should be good, dome lights, locks and all.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick response. Ill post my results.

The fuses are all good. That seemed like the solution but none of them are blown. Anything else you think it might be?

Did u check the ones in the yellow part of the fuse box under the hood?

Everything that is going on points to that

Ya im sorry, you are right. That mistake the first time i made was when i looked over i didnt notice the fuse was broken but the second time i looked i noticed the fuse was blown. The lights and locks when off works again and my stereo works. Thanks you oakrdrs187

Glad to be of help.