The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: some tips to make engine swap 6a13 - 6g72

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

some tips to make engine swap 6a13 - 6g72

hello, im new here :), im from venezuela here the galants came with the 6a13 N/A 2.5, my version es 5 speed M/T but my engine need to be repaired, and im thinking in making a swap to 6g72, why 6g72? because is the only engine what i can find here. i have hear my 5 speed have problems to fit in 6g72 some one know about this?

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Don't know for sure, but I believe the 6A13 is a different bellhousing pattern than the 6G72. What version of the 6G72 have you been looking at?
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

im thinking in buy a 6g74 in ebay from a mitsubishi diamante 2001, the 6g75 is better but cost the double :S , i will disassemble my engine and transmission to take some pic and post here so u can help me with the bolt patern

It is a different bolt pattern. The 6a engines use the same pattern as the Evo, the 6g engines do not.

yes u are right, my tranny is F5M42 :(, i will try to buy the engine with the tranny mounted in ebay, maybe i can restore some money selling my engine and tranny. my ecu es M/T so i will not have problem with check, what i see different are the tps mine is 4 pin, 6g74 is 3 pin, and the IAC is different, and i dont know if my downpipe will match with 6g74

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I really wouldn't bother with a 6G74, if you are going to this much trouble either source a GTS 6G72 or go for the 6G75.

Since your transmission works why not buy a 4G64 and find a DOHC head to fit on it? Then you can build a turbo set up, and it might be easier to find.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

well, i want the galant to daily driver, i see much trouble to setup a turbo..., i have a dodge neon 2.0 turbo i spend 2 years setup it, and is 95% finished, really too much work with the piggyback, forged and finding all the neccesaries items

If you are just wanting to daily it, and you want to buy a new engine anyway, why not just replace the 6a13 with another one?
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

i want more performance being N/A, the 6a13 is a tiny 164 hp i want like 220 with good tune

a set of headers for the eclipse 6g72 will fit in 6g74 of diamante?

If you want power you bought the wrong car. Put a 6a13 in it before you spend what could've gotten you something fun on a failed engine swap.

i understand, but im decided to make the swap.. any help will be appreciated, i love my galant.